Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of "Wheels of America" rim repair facility. They charge a flat rate of $109 to refinish and repair damaged rims and don't charge any extra for major damages. Other places seem to charge more for anything other than minor scratches. I have a feeling it will cost me the MAX price at the other places to refinish and repair my 17" 3 piece rims, and that cost could be about $300 each. With a cost of about $110 each, about $600 total with shipping from Hawaii is a lot more reasonable than $1400+. Anyone have any info on Wheels of America?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Chris

I suggest you stay away from that place. Wheels America had a facilities in Long Island New York too, and I went there to repair my C5. It never comes out very good. They cannot repair it correctly. And the worst thing is, they respray one of my spoke on my C5, and now it's not the sampe color as the rest, and they don't even want to take care of it. So, mu suggestion, DON'T. Especially you have 3-piece wheels. They're just not good at it. If it is one piece, it's OK. They can do good job on one-piece wheels.

What damage actually you have on your wheels? and is your outer lip rolled?

I suggest you go to www.rimandwheelworks.com They're in MA, and they charge 100 dollar for straightening only, no cosmetic repair. They will charge more for cosmetics repair. But, I's satisfied with their job. Of course it's never be perfect, but at least it is very good.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I used them last spring when I hit a pot hole going about 80 and bent the outer lip of my 17 borbet rim. I dropped my rim off at their long island site and it was ready in about 2 days. I'm very happy with the work- and they look perfect.
You should find out if they charge more for 3 piece rims.

good luck
Esti

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.