Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and still confused.
17 x 8, 5 x 114.3 (5 x 4.5) and offest 35mm.

I got the rim size and the bolt pattern but the offest is confusing me.
I read a post where soembody posted pics and explanations but it got me more confused.

Will those specs fit on a G2??

Thanks~~

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
I had similiar questions a while ago. I plan on getting 17's within a couple of months. That offset is way to low. I copied some information that someone else gave me. Thanks to whoever gave me this info:

To avoid scrubbing is all depending on the offset and the width of the wheels. And weather or not you're going to drop your car.

if you're going to drop,
If the wheels is 7 inches wide, then you need +42 offset or more.
If the wheels is 7.5 inches wide, then you need at least +45 or more.

The rule is the higher the offset the better the wheels will tuck under the fenders, some lower offset like +40 or lower might stick out.

If you're going to stay are stock height, any 17s should work without rubbing. But still the higher the offset the better, unless you like your rims to stick out of past the fenders.

as for tires, for 17x7: most people go with 215/45/17
for 17x7.5, the 225/45/17 or 215/50/17.

As I stated above I do not take credit for this info.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is stock.
When you say "+42 offset or more", I'm assuming +43, +44, +45, etc.
I heard from someone else when they say more, the offset number is decreasing.

Thanks~~

G

·
If you want some 18X8.5 or 18X8.0 rims you will need a HIGH off set like +50 or up (+55) so they will tuck in to the fenders..

Your best bet w/ 17's or 18's are 17X7.5 or 18X7.5 with a offset no lower than +42... if the offset is just say +42 or +40 you can go with a 215/40 tire so you can prevent rubbing..

If you can find some 17X7 w/ a +38 offset you will be ok also

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm at 17x7.5 with Enkei RF-1 (38 offset) sittin' on Nitto 450's [215/45/17]. Lowered with Eibach Pro Kit. My backs sit PERFECT. My fronts fender sits 2" above the top of my tire and they stick out about 1/4". All in all I wouldn't go bigger that 17. I know some guys have the 18's, but YES, you do need a big offset for that.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have 225/35/18's +42 offset with koni's and gc's. I got rubbing in the back right tire with the car at about a 1'inch drop. Something to keep in mine is that if you have a lot of weight in the rear this will happen when you turn left sharply. My system weight is about 150lbs so this plays a factor and something you should remember.

GOOD LUCK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts