Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RIM SIZE & OFFSET??????????

I wanna get rims for my car, but can't decide if I want 17's or 18's?:confused: What do you guys and ladies think? If I get 17's, I was told to get 45 series, personally I think that's too much side wall. Now if I get the 18's, I'm worried about the weight issue. Damn the dilema!!!!!!!!:bash: What offset should I get if I go with any of these sizes; 18x8, 18x7.5, 18x7, 17x8, 17x7.5, 17x7? I have Ksports dampening kits on my coupe and it's lowered to where you don't see any gap between the tires and fenders. Also have to take into consideration of the camber kit for front and rear.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i have 17's w/ 215/50/17 stock Cl-S tire size perfect balance between comfort/style, the 45 series tires compliments the rims but comfort is sacrificed a bit if you live in a city like mine (nyc potholes).

·
Registered
869 Posts
It all depends on how much you are willing to spend for your wheels. You can find a set of 18's that will be lighter than stock if you spend the necessary cash (check volks for example).

I have 18" OZ Superleggeras and they weigh 17lbs each which may be lighter than stock wheels.

In terms of tire size, lower sidewall will give better handling characteristics is in general at the expense of ride quality and greater potential for bent wheels though they look more aggressive. Its all a trade off so you have to determine which aspects are most important to you.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think 18's will look better, but the 17's are lighter. So are you more into speed or looking good?
60% speed 40%:2cool: looks. Yeah.......here in KANSAS or the "yellow brick road/OZ", the roads aren't too bad. Just avoid missouri if you value your rims and ride. Potholes are :nutkick: tenacious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts