Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm pretty sure 17x7 with 42mm offset will be okay without scrubbing, but should i be concerned with just that 2mm difference with the 40mm offset on 17x7? will 205 be better than 215? thanks!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I have 17x7 40 offset Konigs, and when I got them Discount Tire installed 225/45 tires on them (I asked for 215/45), and the wheels looked like the offset was wrong (stuck out from side of car too much), then when I drove it, it rubbed real bad on all four corners. I then realized that they installed the wrong tires, so I had them changed to 215/45, and the rubbing stopped except for the front pass side continued a little. Still thought the offset was not enough. Then I put H&R lowering springs on it, now it looks much better because the negative camber helped to put the top of the tires behind the fender lines. The front pass tire eventually stopped rubbing, I guess it was rubbing on the fender liner and now it is worn away. I hit some bad train tracks the other day and jumped my car, fully compressing the suspension, with no problems. Still, I wish I had 45 offset rims. Lastly, do not put 205 width tires on your Legend, they look too narrow. 215 is the minimum, and if I had 45 offset rims I would run with 225's. My $0.02.

G

·
It wouldn't be worth it to go down to 205. You get a lot better handling at 215. I kinda wish that I got my wheels at 225, especially since I have 48mm offset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts