Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this forum is really helpful.

anyway. i have a question. I wanna get rims for my legend.
i have no idea where to start.

I was wondering most of you guys have 17" rims. Do you also need to adjust your suspension or something to fit the larger wheel??. wont it rub against the fenders.

should i just go for 16".

my legend has stock suspension but sometimes it seems that its lower than other cars...because i always think cars are highbeaming me from back. how can i tell if my legend is lowered or not. or is it just cuz the suspension is so old its lowered naturally lol.

and lastly...is it worth it to get 15" rims. cuz then i have to spend more money and buy 4 new tires to fit the larger rim size. does it make a difference in mileage i heard bigger tires/wheels eat up more gas

thanks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just go with the 16" rims and the 215/55-16 tires it gives the car a more mature look and to be honest it looks much cooler than bigger wheels which makes your car seem smaller and makes the tires look way too big. I mean why put bigger wheels on your car when it doesn't look cool.
Would you want to have a big muscular upperbody and have thin legs or a skinny narrow upperbody and big muscular legs? I would much rather have broad shoulders and a tight ass than narrow shoulders and a huge broad ass, if you know what I mean. Would you rather be a small man with giant feet or the other way around? .... he he he. To say this in a much more simple way it gives a better balance to use 16" wheels with 215/55-16 tires.
Well that's just my opinion.

·
ON DAT WAVE
1,325 Posts
Just go with the 16" rims and the 215/55-16 tires it gives the car a more mature look and to be honest it looks much cooler than bigger wheels which makes your car seem smaller and makes the tires look way too big. I mean why put bigger wheels on your car when it doesn't look cool.

What car are you looking at to say bigger wheels will make our car look small, our cars are big as hell and bigger wheels will only make a better fit to even it out, its almost pointless to change ya rims to go with some 16 unless they the GS wheels

·
Registered
477 Posts
well people are talking about changing to 17" or 18" and that doesn't make any sense to me.
Both the LS Coupe(93-95) and the GS use the 16" and that's the best fit for these cars.
And when I said that it would make the "tires" look too big, I meant the "wheels".
Just to make it clear, I pointed out at the very end of my last post that this was just my opinion

Edit:
I don't quite get why people are so happy about changing to bigger wheels which means tires with less height to balance it out? This will make the car less comfortable to ride.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you want to have a big muscular upperbody and have thin legs or a skinny narrow upperbody and big muscular legs? I would much rather have broad shoulders and a tight ass than narrow shoulders and a huge broad ass, if you know what I mean. Would you rather be a small man with giant feet or the other way around? .... he he he. To say this in a much more simple way it gives a better balance to use 16" wheels with 215/55-16 tires.
LOL haha.funny

well i was looking at my friend's 99 TL. he has 16" stock rims and they look just about right. not too big and not small.

I saw 17" koni ones in someones sig in this site. they looked real nice. i dont want rims that are too light colored cuz then they show the brake dust and curb rash. you know what i mean

·
Registered
477 Posts
it depend on what you are lookin for, if your looking for total comfort id stick with some 16s but if youll want a bit more responsive ride and safer youll go with atleast some 17 or 18, y do you think almost every car made now around the same size as our cars comes with factory 17" wheels
Yeah I have to correct myself in the sense that 17 isn't really gonna make that much of a difference when it comes to the looks, but I think people should keep their macho tendency under control and I'm not talking about you guys using 17" but people going a lot bigger, cause it really looks silly. You are right about the responsive handling though, but it's really not gonna change that much.
It's a matter of taste, but I am really a very big fan of the original looks on the LS coupes (94-95) and I think they are just perfect the way they were made.

And oh... by the way, what kind of Legend do you have "3r05"?

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Both rims style and size are very personal.

its a hard decision, the only harder one for me are tires. And if you make a mistake (I did) it can be costly and make your car worse and not better.

I can tell you for sure, most guys here dont like the 15 inch wheels
Most like 17 or 18 inch wheels
I like 15 inch wheels - I have 2 full sets winter and summers
And if your 15 inch wheels are in good condition, let me know.
Good luck.

·
ON DAT WAVE
1,325 Posts
but I think people should keep their macho tendency under control and I'm not talking about you guys using 17" but people going a lot bigger, cause it really looks silly,but I am really a very big fan of the original looks on the LS coupes (94-95) and I think they are just perfect the way they were made.
QUOTE]

ive got 18s so wat u tryin to say :lol: but yea the 94-95 Ls, GS does have the best look factory but upgrades make them look even better

·
Registered
477 Posts
oh... he he he, sorry about that one TeamRL... he he he.
Well it's all about taste.
You are right about the fact that some upgrades can look cool, but I'm really still a bigger fan of the original 94-95 LS coupes than the upgraded versions and that's because people have a tendency of keeping on upgrading, kind of like people wanting to workout and they reach their desired goal and then they set a new goal to reach and at the end they look completely like something out of a cartoon.
But with control and a sense of when to stop it can be cool as well(I'm talking about the cars not the workout.. he he..).

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
oh... he he he, sorry about that one TeamRL... he he he.
Well it's all about taste.
You are right about the fact that some upgrades can look cool, but I'm really still a bigger fan of the original 94-95 LS coupes than the upgraded versions and that's because people have a tendency of keeping on upgrading, kind of like people wanting to workout and they reach their desired goal and then they set a new goal to reach and at the end they look completely like something out of a cartoon.
But with control and a sense of when to stop it can be cool as well(I'm talking about the cars not the workout.. he he..).
exactly, its all about taste. so why are you bashing on why ppl do what they like? wheels are wheels.

i personally think 18's are the best fit for our cars. 19's if u want the agressive looks. 17's for the fat tire look. 16's just stock.

but ya know what they say about opinions? they are like assholes, b/c everyone got em.

·
Registered
477 Posts
exactly, its all about taste. so why are you bashing on why ppl do what they like? wheels are wheels.

i personally think 18's are the best fit for our cars. 19's if u want the agressive looks. 17's for the fat tire look. 16's just stock.

but ya know what they say about opinions? they are like assholes, b/c everyone got em.
Well yea, it's all about taste. But just trying to give this guy a chance to see what he is looking for.
That's why I gave him this link and I'm not bashing about what people do, I'm just giving my opinion because he asked what people here thought about it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sometimes we have to trade comfortable high profile tires,... for low profile but then we have that sexy look..... in my opinion the GS rims are an awsome style and perfect size rim for the Legends.... but myself I Love the overall look when there is a 17" or 18" on the Legend....

I have gone through 5 sets of rims in the past 3 1/2 months just trying to find the perfect look and fit.... I now have 18X8 Acura TL A-specs chromes
" check my photos "

I really recomend using the TSX Acura 17" they look cool plus its an Acura rim

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the input guys.

yes i think the TL, rsx rims look nice on our legends they also have the acura logo so thats cool...

Gothche. Mine is 1991 L model according to the dealer i bought it from. but im not sure lol. its funny cuz i heard LS comes with heated seats?. so mine should be LS cuz it has heated seats, and the bose 6cd changer system. and climate control.

i love my stock rims but just the curb rash and brake dust makes them look dirty. plus i lost control on ice and hit the car real hard on a curb while turning. it damaged the front rim so i had to get a used one from a junkyard. they checked it and said rim is ok. but then now my cars alignment is messed up. im thinking its the used rim thats causing it because i had to go back and exchange for another rim cuz the first one wasnt perfectly round. the tire guy was saying that sometimes if u hit wheels hard u can actually damage the tire from inside causing separation in rubber?. i dunno it was a fckd up situation cuz the tire guy originally sold me the tires and he was arguing with alignment guy saying he didn't do alignment right. lol

I'm gonna get nice 16" rims. itll take time to decide which ones.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Mine is 1991 L model according to the dealer i bought it from. but im not sure lol. its funny cuz i heard LS comes with heated seats?. so mine should be LS cuz it has heated seats, and the bose 6cd changer system. and climate control.
Want a quick and easy way to make sure what you have...go to the yahoo search engine and type in your Vin #. Then click on the Carfax link that appears. It will give you all your basic info about your car. Such as:

VIN JH4KA7670MC024224
Year/Make/Model: 1991 ACURA LEGEND LS
Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine Type: 3.2L V6 PFI SOHC 24V
Manufactured In: JAPAN

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.