Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 95 legend L and im planning on putting 19's on it. I have been doing some research on what can fit on the car and i found out that if you put 19's on, i must have an offset of +45. I think that the stock rims and tires measure out at 7 inches, can i go 7.5 and how much room do i have for backspacing so that i dont rub on my tie-rods. Im looking at getting the Lowenhart's LD1. Can someone give me some tips and pointers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can go up to a 8" wheel as long as you have a offset of 50mm. I am pretty sure the LD1's are available with a 19x8" and a 50mm offset. I have seen a TL with 19" LD1's and a 235 tire. I think you would be clear of problems. Just beware of bent wheels. I bent three in the past 2 summers. I wish I would have waited for the LD1's to come out.

G

·
Damn I hate the fact that EVERYBODY has the LD1 but IMO they look great on certiant cars... I saw som 20's on a SC400 Coupe and DAMN they were hard....

They would look damn good on a Coupe also..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did your rims bend? Is it because of the high offset? I dont want to spend 4000 on some rims and have them bend in about 1 year. I just want to go with 19's and not worry about anything happening to them or my car, i havent seen anyone in the eastern part of Virginia with a Pearl White Legend with 19's on them. Anyone with some good ideas on what type of rims to get, let me know. 18's are nice but i probably will have to lower the car to fill the well up totaly and i dont want to go through that.

G

·
just make sure the rims are FORGED... then they can take most of the abuse of the road...

If you have no problem spending 4K on rims why don't you look into getting some custom made HRE rims...

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
Pearlwht95 said:
How did your rims bend? Is it because of the high offset? I dont want to spend 4000 on some rims and have them bend in about 1 year. I just want to go with 19's and not worry about anything happening to them or my car, i havent seen anyone in the eastern part of Virginia with a Pearl White Legend with 19's on them. Anyone with some good ideas on what type of rims to get, let me know. 18's are nice but i probably will have to lower the car to fill the well up totaly and i dont want to go through that.
you would still have to lower your car even with 19s on. Remember that even though the
difference between in rim diameter between 19s and 18s is 1 inch, the tire diameter between
stock tires, 18 inch tires and 19 inch tires is approx. equal.
So you will still have that ugly fender gap and most likely it will look worse with 19s.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hmmmm.......... if you don't want to spend 4 grand and had bent rims in less than a year, my suggestion is: Don't go with 19"

The reason why it bends because the tire is soo thin, so it can't absorb the impact from the potholes or bridge junction, so that impact will be transfered to the rims lip, and it will bent.

But, if you still want to go 19", here's another tip, use as much negative camber as possible, so at least when it bent, it bent on the inside, and the inside is easier to fix usually than the outside. But one disadvantage of that is your tire going to be unevenly used on the inside.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
alexander is right. you will definately bend 19's. just a fact of life. but then again, if you can afford 19's, you could probably afford the 50 bux to fix them every once in a while right?

-j

·
Registered
123 Posts
What Alexander said... With a 19" wheel you will have to go with a 35 series tire, very thin. Here in Denver we have potholes sittin" all around town, hard not to miss. With 19's you will have your eyes glued to the road and know where all of the "hotspots" are. They cost alot more than $50 bucks, more like $110-150 each wheel. You will still have agap in the fender, I have mine dropped a 1.5" with a two finger gap. I plan on dropping it another .5" in a month with some Koni's.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
If you drive your car for sunday drives, I guess get 19s.
Otherwise, it's a big big risk, In my humble opinion

·
Registered
851 Posts
Jose, yup!, if the car is only for Sunday driving and pimpin once in a while, that's OK with 19", but you still have to drive really slow and careful though.

And Dawk is also correct, repairing wheel is more than 50 bucks. Over here, to repair a 19" will cost you 125 without mounting balancing, and with mounting balancing is going to cost you 150. Not bad considering new rim will cost you about 700-1000 dollars, and some rims are discontinued already, like my rims, hehehee..................:D :D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
wow,
150 to fix rims. kinda glad i'm in the ghettos and they can't charge much here. ;)

the most you'll pay here is about 65 bux.

there's a place here that also fixes scratched rims for 100 a wheel.

-j

·
Registered
851 Posts
Man that's really cheap, soooo nice, but I have to ship it there, so considering the shipping cost etc. It will cost me about the same............, damn!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just want my Legend to be different. Everyone over here has Legends but most of them look terrible. I want to boost up the Legend population in Hampton Virginia. It seems that 18's would be my best bet to get. I drive on the interstate everyday and every now and then ill have a ricer try to race and i just laugh, Smoke them real quick then im right back to rydin. I will take all the suggestions, the more the better and I will combine them all to represent for the Legend forum!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Go with the 19", there's not really much different from a 35 to a 40(running 18) series tire.
Either way if you hit a monster pothole you'll do damage to those rims no matter what, so you might as well look good with the 19".:D :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
TYPEII said:
Go with the 19", there's not really much different from a 35 to a 40(running 18) series tire.
Either way if you hit a monster pothole you'll do damage to those rims no matter what, so you might as well look good with the 19".:D :D
Yes, go with 19", so you can join us all at the: Acura Legend 19" bent rims club! hehehe............ :D :D :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL, Bent rims club, yall ****** crazy. i have to go strong, i will be happy with 19's and at the same time i will be sittin strong. Does anyone know anybody in virginia with a nice legend. i feel like im the only one in Virginia crusin in one. There isnt too many pot holes where i drive at so i should be good. Any one have pics of a legend on 19's?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Pearlwht95 said:
LOL, Bent rims club, yall ****** crazy. i have to go strong, i will be happy with 19's and at the same time i will be sittin strong. Does anyone know anybody in virginia with a nice legend. i feel like im the only one in Virginia crusin in one. There isnt too many pot holes where i drive at so i should be good. Any one have pics of a legend on 19's?
Are you going to the NY Meet on April 6th?
I'm trying to round up as many people to join us on the drive up there.
I see you're from VA.

HOLLA BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well i planned to go to the East Coast Slam Session on Arpil 19-21. I didn't have any plans to go to NY anytime soon. I plan on comming up there later this year to see some family out in Manhattan.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts