Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you guys probably don't know me as I've relegated myself to periodic lurker status. I wouldn't say I lost the passion for the Legend, it's just that as an original owner I got most if not all my mods done prior to A-L.com's existence in the early days of legend.org. Combine that with a demanding job and non car interests, other than an occasional GTG like the NorCal GTG and local SoCal mini meets, I really "disappeared" from the scene.

The "SLO LGD" (CA license plate) my 94 Legend Coupe was a special car indeed being my first car out of college and the first one paid for all by myself it held a special place in my heart. After all this was truly a Made in Japan masterpiece that featured technologies that were ahead of it's time, matter of fact some of these features finally trickled down to the Honda Accord ( ie. Telescopic steering wheel, mounted stereo control steering wheel, TCS, etc.) while others like self closing doors ( coupe) never did but can be found on Caddies and Mercs. Combine all that in a form of a long, beautiful, and big body coupe- you had yourself a Legend! IMHO outside of the NSX, this was the last of the best built Acuras.

Fast forward 14 years and 170k miles (the Legend now mostly a weekend car, Accord- Daily Co. Car), I finally had to put the Legend to rest. For more than a decade my Legend NEVER failed me, it was this past December I failed my Legend! Driving faster than I really should have I was unable to stop and clipped a Honda Civic ( Everyone had come to a grinding halt due to a guy's furniture falling out of his truck!). The front lights and the Driver's Fender were smashed in but I was still able to drive it 25 miles to a body shop. Long story short- damages exceeded the value of the car! Actually shed a tear or two when I took it to the salvage yard and said good bye ( in some strange way it said bye to me as well)- it was truly a sad day!

Finally I just wanted to thank all the friends I've made along the way: Graeme, Chris K, Koji, Jim Trinh, Zube, 4cruizn, etc. Thanks to Matt for all of his hard work in making what A-L.com has become -the premier place for Legend Owners to share, acquire, and conversate on all things Legend. I'll still be around in the mean time here is to memories old and new. You all take care and drive safe now! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Sherm

Great Memories RIP My Friend:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Although Not a Legend, New Memories to come:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Damn dude, what you just said brought tears to my eyes. Im sorry you had to let her go, but hopefully you stick around and maybe get another Legend in the mid future. Good luck homie and R.I.P. to "SLO LGD"

·
0 Posts
wow your coupe looked amazing. those wheels really set it off, were they rsx wheels?

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
wow...reading that also brought a tear to my eye....I know how it is, as I lost my first legend 9 years ago.....but now I'm back for round two :)

But from the looks of it, you've definitely moved on to bigger and most definitely better.... :thumbsup:

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Hey, Sherm! Yeah, there's still a few of us OGs around. Sorry to hear about your Coupe---it was an inspiration to me. Looks like you've recovered nicely with the S4. Don't be a stranger---

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
:( looked like a VERY nice coupe! i hope it wasn't a 6spd, i hate seeing 6spd goto junk yards only bc there are many ppl here who would have picked it up from you asis!

GL with your new toy!

you probably will never find anything you like, like the legend, and you should know, you said you were the original owner!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
damn man you made me tear up! Now i really just wanna go home and hug mine. :) j/k but yeah man sorry for your loss, but that new whip is a nice replacement!!! Enjoy and who knows maybe that legend will find a new owner and get rebuilt some day ?

·
Road Trip King
4,673 Posts
Sherm, it is indeed a say day in the community! :(. As much fun as your new ride looks like it'll be, there's just something about your Legend that makes it unforgettable. I'm sorry to read about this. I remember drooling over your coupe at the Bay Area meet over 4 years ago. You are a true OG in the Legend community and I hope you'll peek in from time to time to see how things are going. Maybe someday you'll join the ranks of ownership once again. Meanwhile, don't be a stranger! Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
oh wow...sucks I just see your coupe now...when its gone.

that might be the cleanest coupe I have ever seen, seriously. Sorry to hear.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Sad story :( I would have bought that coupe damaged and all just for all the beautiful parts on her! But I also like the new beginnings! :thumbsup: :hitit: A worthy replacement imo.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Oh no, it's really sad to hear that your coupe in that condition. Damn I can't see any pics from work computer so I can't really tell how bad it looks. But I hope the new replacement S4 will still hold a special place in your heart again. Wish you well.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Hey Sherm,

I still remember the first SoCal meet at Mile Square Park when everyone was driving in circles looking for parked Legends. :lol:

It is indeed sad to see her go. I've always liked your coupe. In fact, this is the picture that I kept looking at when I was deciding on my Remus.

Well, onward and upward, I guess. :)

We should plan something. ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow your coupe looked amazing. those wheels really set it off, were they rsx wheels?
Thanks for your kind comments! The wheels were or are the MOMO Superlights 17X7 weighing about 17lbs. each. I believe they were the only MOMO wheels manufactured in Japan by SSR.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, Sherm! Yeah, there's still a few of us OGs around. Sorry to hear about your Coupe---it was an inspiration to me. Looks like you've recovered nicely with the S4. Don't be a stranger---
What's up Stevieray? Good to see and hear from you! No doubt I'll check in with you all from time to time, long live the Legend!

Regards,

Sherm

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:( looked like a VERY nice coupe! i hope it wasn't a 6spd, i hate seeing 6spd goto junk yards only bc there are many ppl here who would have picked it up from you asis!

GL with your new toy!

you probably will never find anything you like, like the legend, and you should know, you said you were the original owner!!
For the record it wasn't a 6-speed! So you can breathe a sigh of relief :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sherm, it is indeed a say day in the community! :(. As much fun as your new ride looks like it'll be, there's just something about your Legend that makes it unforgettable. I'm sorry to read about this. I remember drooling over your coupe at the Bay Area meet over 4 years ago. You are a true OG in the Legend community and I hope you'll peek in from time to time to see how things are going. Maybe someday you'll join the ranks of ownership once again. Meanwhile, don't be a stranger! Good luck with the new ride.
Hey Tyson, yes that NorCal GTG was the [email protected]!t I remember- it was the largest gathering of Legends ever at that time and what made it special was everyone was cool! Will definitely drop on by from time to time, take care bro!

Sherm

·
Registered
19 Posts
Damn Sherm! A touching eulogy, and a fitting way to say goodbye to a close & dear friend. Looks like you have a new love though:p Make some memories!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Sherm,

I still remember the first SoCal meet at Mile Square Park when everyone was driving in circles looking for parked Legends. :lol:

It is indeed sad to see her go. I've always liked your coupe. In fact, this is the picture that I kept looking at when I was deciding on my Remus.

Well, onward and upward, I guess. :)

We should plan something. ;)
Graeme-

Definitely we should plan something! You've been such a great ambassador of the Legend all these years, this forum is definitely lucky to have you! Thanks again for your advice and feedback through the years! Out but not gone!

Sherm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts