Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any parts that will fit both the RL and the Legend with no mods?

Are the RL's the same as the Legend when it comes to the fluids, that is best to use all honds fluids?

Are the RL's the same to a legend with the whole BHG issue? (Iknow all cars are able to get bhg, but legends seem to have it the worse)

thanks for the help...

·
Banned
3,429 Posts
Are there any parts that will fit both the RL and the Legend with no mods?

Are the RL's the same as the Legend when it comes to the fluids, that is best to use all honds fluids?

Are the RL's the same to a legend with the whole BHG issue? (Iknow all cars are able to get bhg, but legends seem to have it the worse)

thanks for the help...
1.) Aside from the wheels, no. There will be a combination of parts used from the Legend and RL. Prime example of this will be suspension. You can swap manifolds though...maybe...not sure yet.

2.) Yes. Honda everything for the RL. None of that prestone crap.

3.) No. C35 > C32

·
I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
I wouldn't say that the C35 is impervious to headgasket failure. I've seen some early ka9s running around smoking. It's just the age of the engine and state of repair (or disrepair) that the cars are kept in.

Just give it time, the RL will age too, and if beat upon by previous owners will have the same problems the G2 guys are seeing. It's just a newer engine is all:)

Keep the Legend's engine in top shape and you'll be unlikely to see HeadGasket failure. Just like the RLs :)

Since they aren't exactly identical under the skin, the KA9 and the KA7 aren't going to be cross swapping parts, but there's enough similar that you should be able to get away with SOME things. like HNIC mentioned, Shocks and springs are similar.

Camshafts can be swapped in from Type IIs as well as valve springs. and if you get in on the group buy you can have the cams even more aggressively cut. Also if they ever show up again, the headers are able to be used from the G2, but i'm not sure if there's any emissions stuff that is missing on the Tubes that's needed for the RL.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Since they aren't exactly identical under the skin, the KA9 and the KA7 aren't going to be cross swapping parts
Actually, the G2 Acura Legend Sedan (KA7) and the G3 Legend a.k.a. the Acura 3.5RL (KA9) both have the same rear ashtrays. :giggle:

I can provide proof if needed.

·
i love the rear view
599 Posts
yea the rims ... hahaha!!!!!

·
i love the rear view
599 Posts
slightly off topic, but i plan on (okay in a year to 18 mos.) doing the same mods i'm doing to the 3.5 engine for my 91' to the (or another one from a yard & then swap in) RL's. i believe grumpy has nitrous or has in the past had nitrous in his RL & in my opinion an RL that will get up on & surprise a few cars is way cool. i'm sure it's be .4 to .6 seconds slower than the 91' but it'll still be a NICE sleeper.

·
i love the rear view
599 Posts
yes grumpy i know believe me it's seriously temporary - but on a side not i sold the rims i had on it for 550, was ready to go & get my needed body work started & guess what -- lost my wallet WITH the 550 in it the same day i sold the rims ..... yes PLEASE flame me for that dumb ass move!!!!!

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
946 Posts
It's ok M2BMB

That's what happens when momma let's you outta the house without your special helmet. :yes:

I'm headed to the local 1/8th mile on Sunday to do my first drag runs with the nitrous. Of course I'll do stock runs for baselines as well. I'm bumped the jetting up to 65hp, so I expect some reasonably good times, somewhere in the mid-low 9s depending on traction. Watch for it.

·
i love the rear view
599 Posts
mid-low 9's in the RL ??? oh shit that's gonna be awesome. post a time slip asap please! oh believe me i had the special helmet on, it's just been dented up so bad over the years to where it's about as effective as a baseball cap...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.