Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got a 95' LS Pearl White Coupe and i wanted to put an intake in it. I keep seeing people have either RM or Weapon R. Is it true that weapon-r sucks cuz of its foam filter? I heard that it deteriorates easily. It would be really helpful if some people would respond....Thanks alot
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,873 Posts
I have the RM Intake, its very nice and has a nice deep throaty feel when you go back around 3500rpm. But in terms of filter design etc you could consider getting a Weapon R Cold Air Box along w/a CAI
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will the rm racing intake fit with a type-II engine? I noticed in alot of the pictures of cars with RM didn't have TCS. And so the piping was longer. The thing i noticed about weapon r is that it has intakes that are sold that are meant for type-II engines with TCS. Does RS have intakes meant for legends with TCS?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
ColdFusionM3 said:
will the rm racing intake fit with a type-II engine? I noticed in alot of the pictures of cars with RM didn't have TCS. And so the piping was longer. The thing i noticed about weapon r is that it has intakes that are sold that are meant for type-II engines with TCS. Does RS have intakes meant for legends with TCS?
No, RM does not make a Legend intake with TCS. I say get the weapon R, the foam filter does not make it suck. I've had mine for 2 years, it's been fine. And I believe the Weapon-R is a better fit than the RM and looks nicer too with the more color and finish choices.

But it's your choice what you want, I'm sure there are RM owners who made the intake fit their TCS Legends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WhiteLegend said:


No, RM does not make a Legend intake with TCS. I say get the weapon R, the foam filter does not make it suck. I've had mine for 2 years, it's been fine. And I believe the Weapon-R is a better fit than the RM and looks nicer too with the more color and finish choices.

But it's your choice what you want, I'm sure there are RM owners who made the intake fit their TCS Legends.
Thanks for the info, but what filter is better from weapon-r.. the dragon filter or the V2 hyper filter?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
ColdFusionM3 said:


Thanks for the info, but what filter is better from weapon-r.. the dragon filter or the V2 hyper filter?
I don't think they made the V2 hyper filter anymore, I got the dragon and it's great. You could buy the recharge kit to clean the filter or just buy new filter elements. I bought 2 replacement filter elements for $16.
 

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
Joined
·
4,926 Posts
Weapon-R is by far the better fitting pipe of all the intakes. The vaccum hose attachment points are nearly perfectly located. RM vacuum hose points are okay, but the large main one is a little wiered and on the underside of the intake and far away near the filter. As for the TCS issue, the Weapon-R is the only one that actually makes a TCS application, but that is really no big deal. It is just a shorter pipe which you could cut down if you had a NON TCS pipe. Also, the RM even as a NON TCS pipe will still fit the TCS application, but it will be a very tight fit. I've seen it firts hand on a 94 GS Seden with TCS. As for the foam filter, everyone keeps saying it sucks and that it will fall apart. Well, I had mine for well over 3 years, and I know other Legend owners who had them since around 1997. Niether of our filters have fallen apart or show and signs of falling apart. Mine is kind of dirty looking now, but occation cleaing gets it to look a little better. All the filters I've seen and what I have it the V2, so I have no experience with the new Dragon filter though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
ColdFusionM3 said:
will the rm racing intake fit with a type-II engine? I noticed in alot of the pictures of cars with RM didn't have TCS. And so the piping was longer. The thing i noticed about weapon r is that it has intakes that are sold that are meant for type-II engines with TCS. Does RS have intakes meant for legends with TCS?
I have a Type II and the RM Racing intake fits perfectly. That was the first thing I did to my car. I consider myself mechanically challenged, but that was pretty easy.

One thing you might want to take into consideration is that the RM intake is not carb certified, so a smog station might not let you pass the visual inspection. From what I've heard, the Weapon intakes are carb certified, so no worries there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
I have had a weapon-R dragon for over a year now and I have no complaints. The sound is great, and everyone notices it when I punch it. It was a bit of a pain to stretch the larger piping over the fitting...but I got it on there somewhat jury-rig style...but it works.

I just bought a new filter for under $15 or so...and I also picked up a filter recharge kit for like $15...so its not all that expensive to keep up.

I just hope I like the sound once I get my exhaust...I dont want it to sound ricey. I got a Magnaflow dual tip.
 

·
I'm too sexy for my car
Joined
·
2,496 Posts
inferno said:
I have had a weapon-R dragon for over a year now and I have no complaints. The sound is great, and everyone notices it when I punch it. It was a bit of a pain to stretch the larger piping over the fitting...but I got it on there somewhat jury-rig style...but it works.

I just bought a new filter for under $15 or so...and I also picked up a filter recharge kit for like $15...so its not all that expensive to keep up.

I just hope I like the sound once I get my exhaust...I dont want it to sound ricey. I got a Magnaflow dual tip.
Which filter did you buy? And whats included in the filter recharge kit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
I have the dragon filter...it uses the standard Dragon filter elements.

The charger kit has a cleaner solution and a oil solution that you use to restore the filter element...I believe thats all that was included...but I am at work, so I cant check.

There is a new Dragon filter that I saw for like $60 or something like that...not sure if its worth the price difference...

You can probably still get them at importstudio.com
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top