Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a friend house in a home poker game. when all the sudden we heard an extremely loud boom that sent shock wave and completely shaked my friends house. We are like what the hell is that? We go outside and hear a couple car alarms, followed by some more little pops that were confused by gun fire by some of us.

I was thinking if that is all gun fire someone is on a rampage. I thought it was fireworks myself. We are looking and wondering what the hell that could have been. right away we hear cops and fire trucks and ems. It wasn't until we started to notice the flying debris was burn paper that more panic was brewing. My brother in law and I jumped in the car and went driving. My brother's restaurant is around the area, my bro's in law parents live around and other friends are close by too.

About 7 blocks away as we are approching I see black smoke in the air. I say "oh shit dude a building blew up!" Firefighters are battling with at least 10 feet high flames.

Fatal explosion under investigation - Tampa Bays Local News

Fatal explosion under investigation - Tampa Bays Local News

What a way to tarnish a poker night. This happend like a minute past midnight. A pretty large lawnmore and small engine repair place, Rapid Roy's, just exploded. My bro in law says to me "oh shit it is Roy's place; I really hope he isn't in there. I know him, He eats at your brother's reastaurant everyday."

Very sad, cause I'm reading artibles now trying to get more details and I see 1 body found. I just talked to my brother, and he told me that he fears the worse, the body might be indeed Roy because he was having problems with a former employee he fired. This might be a murder arson case. Some people in the world are just Fucked up!

Thought I would share ths crazy story with all of you...

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Damn. I wonder if it was accidental or not. Did he have a lot of gasoline on the property? Keep us posted.

EDIT: Roy was convicted of grand theft on Thu???

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn. I wonder if it was accidental or not. Did he have a lot of gasoline on the property? Keep us posted.

EDIT: Roy was convicted of grand theft on Thu???
There was alot of Gas on the lot.

What do you mean was conviceted of GT? where did you read that at? From what I understand talking to my family Roy was a middle age man and somewhat wealthy.

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
The business is owned by Roy Hubert of Pinellas Park. At this point, investigators have not been able to talk to Hubert about the situation. He was convicted of grand theft on Thursday, released until sentencing. It's unclear if his criminal past plays a role in the explosion.

8th para in the article from link in post 1

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,239 Posts
There was alot of Gas on the lot.

What do you mean was conviceted of GT? where did you read that at? From what I understand talking to my family Roy was a middle age man and somewhat wealthy.
From the link you posted:
The business is owned by Roy Hubert of Pinellas Park. At this point, investigators have not been able to talk to Hubert about the situation. He was convicted of grand theft on Thursday, released until sentencing. It's unclear if his criminal past plays a role in the explosion.

Edit: Beat me to it!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

8th para in the article from link in post 1
wow! I didn't know that. Well I'm not sure if cops will get a chance to talk to him or not. That S-10 in the pics is his truck it was there last night, and they only found 1 body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.