Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to cut power to the antenna on a G1 sedan 1989........i wanted to rewire it with a rocker switch..........

·
Registered
583 Posts
Believe it or not, that's on my "Sh!t To Do List" too.
The way it works is:
3 wires, Yellow w/white stripe ; Black ; White w/yellow stripe

There should be 12v between the wht/yel and the blk all the time.
There should be 12v between the yel/wht and the blk only when the ignition and radio are both switched on, so:

You can put a switch on the ground (black) or on the White/yellow stripe which is supposed to be hot all the time, either of the above will break the circle of current to the motor.

For any reading THIS IS A GOOD MOD. have you seen how many G1s are running around with broken antennas due to car washes etc? Even if your listening to a tape/cd that [email protected] antenna goes up and stays untill you shut it off.... I'm doing mine soon...

Good luck with yours,
buk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one more thing umm i changed the radio so do i just cut the wires behind the center console or in the back of the car and run it around to the front, it seems that both the cd player and the radio has the antenna going up.........if u have pics it would be very helpful.........

·
Registered
583 Posts
You can put a switch in the Yellow w/White stripe by the radio. It is the wire that signals the mast to go up. It would be a lot easier than running a lot of wire. I looked at my last post and realized that I left this wire out (as to where to put the switch). It is the most logical and where I will do mine.

G

·
So correct me if I'm wrong.....

This allows you to override the stereo and make your antenna stay down?

If this is what it does could someone please make a guide on how to do this correctly. That would be sweet, cause I know that me along with many other people have a problem with this, and sometimes just having the antenna up can be annoying.

Thanks you guys.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i got into cutting the yellow wire and then it just killed the whole radio altogether somehow the cd player and the radio is connected to the antenna without power to it nothing works.......i can't figure it out... gonna need more people with experience...

·
Registered
583 Posts
My car (88 Sedan) has two antennas on the stock head unit. One that powers up, and one in the rear window above the defroster. Mine worked pretty well without a mast for a long time, but I got a new system and wanted it right.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Antenna is cool

Hi all

Im new to the forum. In fact my first post

Anyways, personally I think the antenna makes the Legend look cool. I know of at least one other person who agrees. A friend has a sedan. He spilled a coke all over his Bose radio. He still drives around with the antenna out tho.

Take care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts