Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rolled out the good summer mats which frankly makes me feel more welcome in the car and if you read my other thread, I just passed 167k miles. This is probably the 7th time I've taken this exact picture and I'll probably take this photo every thousand miles for the rest of eternity because I just love all the zeros and I need a decent background.

I never got a decent photo with my new 160 gauges so here goes:

(More aperture = more goodness)

Now heres a picture I've been thinking about for a while. It incorporates most of the things I've changed in my car. You get the new gauges, the navi console, door sills, the fresh leather, the clean mats and a little more wood from the master switch panel(more burlwood is always welcome).

But this photo just didn't turn out as well as I'd liked so...

I evened out the photo with an HDR composite. I could have waited for softer light, yes, I could have even moved my car so the light would have shined on the shot more evenly, but this was much easier and HDR is all the rage these days:

Not even really a photo shoot but I was carrying out my camera to bring back to school and I figured why not, things look pretty good with the clean mats rolled out again. Hope you enjoyed.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
It does look clean and inviting! haha. Just out of curiosity, how hard was it to swap the cluster? Did you have to get the speedometer reset to work with your car?

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Swapping the gauges was a plug and play install. If you keep the guts of your cluster, you don't have to worry about odometer readings, calibration or getting a matching cluster (coupe vs sedan/manual vs automatic). Take the cluster out, pull it apart, each gauge has three screws in back. Hour of work tops. If you want, I can link you some DIYs that I used.

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'd appreciate the DIY's. Again, your car looks excellent!
Damn. Well heres the thread: http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f13/indiglo-diy-pics-detailed-instructions-21988/ But its considerably less useful without pictures. Do a little searching through the DIY section, maybe theres another thread.

nice nice nice but come on man i wana see something more!!!!!!!!!
My car is filthy. The inside is all I can show you without throwing up. I'm sorry.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
keep taking them pics every 1k miles, I'll be there to check out each and every one. now THAT'S a Legend interior....

:bowdown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts