1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was looking on this website and they said that they have rotors for

91-95 Non GS Legends....$249

and the have them for

93-95 GS and LS Legends.. $259

Now if I have a 95 L Coupe which ones should I buy..

:confused: :)

WWW.IROTORS.COM

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
For one thing, those listings they posted are not accurate so listen to the members on this forums.

Anyway, if you did not know already, the 91-95 L, LS and SE Sedans all use what we here on the forums like to call the TYPE I front rotors. We call it the TYPE I because those cars use the TYPE I motor. The 91-92 L and LS Coupes also use these same rotors. Now, in 1993, the Coupes got thicker front rotors as well as upgraded calipers to dual piston calipers. This would be for ALL 93-95 Coupes both L and LS. In 1994-95, the GS Sedan was introduced and used the same rotors and calipers as the 93-95 Coupes. IF you notice, these cars just mention all have TYPE II engines, so we will call these thicker rotors TYPE II rotors. Since your Legend is a 95 L, you have the TYPE II rotors. So you will need the rotors that cost $259. They have it listed as 93-95 GS and LS, but it should actually read 93-95 Coupes, and 94-95 GS Sedan.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Yeah, it looks like they didn't really look at the Legend Specs properly when they listed that. Are those typical prices of rotors?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Yeah, it looks like they didn't really look at the Legend Specs properly when they listed that. Are those typical prices of rotors?
if those are drilled/slotted, that is good price....BEFORE I knew of the forums I bought my rotors for $90/ea ($360), pads for $110 set (f/r)

Didn't have this beautiful network we have now :)

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I agree, if those prices are for cross drilled/slotted rotors then they are a good price. I paid $260 for my rotors from a member of the forums.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ok, now keeping on this same subject, I know I'm going to get a variety of answers, so here it is........For the money who makes the best rotors? Preferably cross drilled because i brake for honeys(don't tell wife).

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Anthing that uses a Brembo or Bradi core They are the same company). I personally heard to many bad stories with Powerstop, although the Powerslot is Okay.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Everywhere that I look though, the rotors are slotted or cross drilled; not both.
You can get the cross drilled/slotted rotors from Mr.Woods at Raceconcepts. Thats where most people get theirs from. They are Brembo rotors and are plated as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's your guys recomendations on pads though? I want some good ones but I have heard that racing ones where away way to fast and you need to wash your car every time you have been doing aggressive driving so that the break dust doesn't mess up your paint. I want something that is good for everyday driving but is going to fade as little as possible when I'm really pushing the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
wats up!!!!! i have a 92 coupe ls........ and i have brembo slotted and crossed drilled roters with aem brake pads.... all the way around.. i think i paid about 95.00 per roter.. and i think i paid about 75.00 for my brake pads....

thanks
richard

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
What's your guys recomendations on pads though? I want some good ones but I have heard that racing ones where away way to fast and you need to wash your car every time you have been doing aggressive driving so that the break dust doesn't mess up your paint. I want something that is good for everyday driving but is going to fade as little as possible when I'm really pushing the car. Thanks.
Go with AEM Performance or Axxis Metal Master Pads
The Axxis are on "sale" at NOPI for like $48 out the door for the front (in contrast, I paid $76 a year ago for the AEM's over a year ago ---- front only).

I dont think anyone drives any harder than me, not to mention I Autocrossed on them last year and LOVED them...BTW, I showed my car at NOPI on them same pads, rotors and paint, so you should be fine (if you remember my NOPI paint pic).

Chris, what problems do they say they have w/ Powerstops?
I haven't had any...runnin them for over a year now

·
Registered
398 Posts
question peeps: i bought four x-drilled/slotted rotors from Elvis at irotors. is it true that i might have a rust problem with the rotors as opposed to the ones from raceconcepts?? dont be afraid to tell the truth now:D
its just that ive heard that Elvis' rotors arent plated or something.
i had talked to mr. wood before hand and he said he was getting in new rotors that were better than the old brembos, and when i asked elvis about these new rotors he guaranteed me that those "better designed" rotors were the ones i would be getting from him. since elvis responded first, i decided to go with him for the rotors. can ne1 tell me the difference, or non difference??

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've recently installed the race concept rotors w/ EBC green stuff and I've got to say they're excellent. On the street, the initial bite was awesome. On the windy steep road of Highway 17 of Santa Cruz, the brake feels smooth. This was the first time stopping my 2ton car as if it was a small compact. As I have to abide to the break in period, i didn't test them out to the full extent. However pressing them slightly, i could even feel myself lounging into my seat belt! Can't wait till the the brakes settle in.

I highly recommend EBC greens
w/ the brembo rotors
kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts