Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
jmckell

well, if you are changing the stockers and were happy withem then for Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeap you can get rotors all the way around for $100 or less. If you are considering Brembo X drilled and slotted, NON ZINC or CAD then $200 - $250 all the way around.

What kind of driving do you do? Take her on the twisties.... like to corner her real good.... goose her every now and then off the line.... OR if you want curb apeal then go for the Brembos.

KNLNGS

G

·
When you say $200 - $250 all the way around, do you mean that that's how much it costs for 4 of them, or is that how much it is for each one ='ing ~ $800? Thanks.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
I'd say go with the brembo cross drilled slotted rotors for better stopping power. I just recently changed mines to the Brembo rotors and noticed a big difference in stopping and the Cross drilled/slotted don't get as hot as the stock rotors because it has the holes for the heat to escape. I say go for the cross drilled/slotted rotors.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You should also look in www.ebay.com I've seen them there 4 like 80 to 90 bucks. Happy bidding and good luck :D. Latin.........

·
Registered
744 Posts
Other than specifying....

1994 Acura Legend L Coupe 2D V6-3.2L 3206cc F/I VIN C32A1

to the ebay seller, good question. Brembo.com does not list
the legend on their site. Obviously there are Brembo for legends, though. Any idea on the kit #s?

KNLNGUS

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Brembo rotors are much more durable than the OEM parts. You can get them plain (no slotting or Xdrilling) but I would at least opt for the CAD plateing for appearances.

Expect to pay 200-250 per axle for Brembos. If someone can give me a legit source for brembos at 250 for all 4 let me know.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I found a fix on Brembos for legends.

Dave C.

email... Elvis Nguyen at [email protected].

here is his reply to my initial question about Brembo X drilled cross slotted for my 95 LS Coupe....

"To clarify a few things, Acura Legend comes with two types of front rotors for Legends starting from 1991-1995. The Non GS models come with a 21mm front rotor and the GS models come with a 26mm front rotor. Otherwise, the rear rotors are the same.

Please let me have your zip code so I could give you a shipping costs. Once I have that, I will shoot you a payment request via Paypal.

Thanks,
Elvis Nguyen

His motto is concerning BREMBO ROTORS is and I will quote....

"I stack them deep, so I can sell them cheap"

He is quoting me 2 and a quarter for Brembo X drilled and slotted.

·
2,873 Posts
Dave contact Mr. Wood at Raceconcepts.

I got 4 xdrilled/slotted rotors w/Nickel platting from himn for $260 shipped.

His email is : [email protected]

-jon

Dave C ver2.0 said:
Brembo rotors are much more durable than the OEM parts. You can get them plain (no slotting or Xdrilling) but I would at least opt for the CAD plateing for appearances.

Expect to pay 200-250 per axle for Brembos. If someone can give me a legit source for brembos at 250 for all 4 let me know.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Does he have any for the 1990 Legend ??? I'm interested !!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Do all Type II's have the thicker front rotors, or just the GS?

For some reason, I thought the 93-95 coupes also had the larger rotors due to the dual piston calipers or something. Just curious because I do plan on ordering rotors sometime in the next few months.

thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
Did someone say Group Buy? hehehehehe

Well, I did one under RaceConcepts for everyone last year

Now that I got a 94 GS Sedan, I would be interested in doing this again

I can get the numbers and post under groupbuys this week

Do forget you will all need new Brake PADS
I got Axxis Metal Masters Delux

Make sure you STATE what year and Model you have
ie 91 to 95 Legend Coupe Base, L or LS
or 91 to 95 Legend Sedan Base, L or LS or GS
(I have no idea where an LL falls)

Im sure we can get the same good deal as before
These are Brembo rear and Bradi front rotors that are cross drilled and slotted with Nickel plating so they wont rust or show any surface rusties. Dont worrie Bradi makes BREMBO
The ones I got from him look just fine. But if you want CAD plated you will have to go elsewhere, and not even ELVIS offers them CAD Plated anymore due to problems he had with the CAD plater.

As for the Brake Pads, please specify if you want them
I think he only gets the Metal Master Axxis pads which run
about 90 to 100 a set all the way around.

Hope this info helps all

Regards, James S

Owning 1 Legend is Great, but Owning 2 Legends is a ***** since you really do not know where your money should go! :) LOL

G

·
LEGEND95GS said:
DO I SMELL A GROUP BUY ON ROTORS? COUNT ME IN
Now that is a damn good idea. I think though for the group buys to be successful we need to spread them out somewhat. Like right now there is a Ground Control/Koni GB and a Eyelids GB. Maybe once those are over we could do a Brembo GB.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts