Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, when i left work, my car was acting up and i couldnt really drive it, it kept bogging and was weird. I also kept gettting a check engine light. Later when i got out of da car, i noticed an odd rotton egg smell. Usually this is asscosiated with a clogged cat. but could it be causing all these problems? Also my car was overheating from my cracked radiator.............

thanx

zol

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
definitely the cat. take it to an exhaust shop and let them test it. most of them do it for free. screw it. get rid of the damn thing.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
umm

clogged cat.
bad EGR valve
bad oxygen sensors.

try even one of those "clean the catalytic" type things.

see if it helps.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jose, where's my egr valve at? I lost my Manual so i pretty much dont know there anything is. thanx

zol

·
Registered
270 Posts
Zol... It most likely isn't your EGR... All cars with a Cat. will smell like rotten eggs after driven hard (you had to have your foot into it to go anywhere because of the lack of power). It is just the cat. burning the unburnt fuel... I would say it's time for a new (performance???) cat.

When was the last time you did a tune up, because that could be part of your problem too !! Possibly a broken spark plug wire ??

Look into the codes on the computer to see what they indicate...

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
hey

Zol said:
Jose, where's my egr valve at? I lost my Manual so i pretty much dont know there anything is. thanx

zol
Not quite so sure where it is on the G2 sedan.
However, I had a bad EGR system for a LONG TIME (check engine light) and I believe it contributed to the untimely demise of my catalytic in my G1.

But if you haven't had any codes or any issues, it might just be that the catalytic just decided to die....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts