Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas I need your help again ;)

I put my reverse indiglo gauges in and my RPM Gauge is not working ( no movement at all ). All the other gauges work fine. When installing them, I didn't break anything or take off the needles. So what could it be?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Gil.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i had the same prob with my indiglo gauges...its your gauges that are preventing the RPM meter from moving. the actual gauge is prety thick, so it presses against the needle preventing it from moving. the best solution is to use the stickies they gave you and put them behind the gauge to prevent them from falling forward. or just use some regular tape and put it all around the edges (don't worry, nobody will see the tape once you put the bezel back on) hope this helps

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
??

When I installed my Indiglos, I did use double sided tape and it seemed to be very well bonded to the factory gauges. Also, I can move the needles and they drop freely without hesitation or rubbing on the gauges. So are you saying that when they are MOUNTED in the car that the indiglos tilt forward pressing against the needle? If this is the case, why does the MPH gauge and others work?

I'm going to try your solution regardless, so I need to make sure I got this right. I need to put tape on the outer edges of the gauge, inside or outside because you won't be able to see it, and this will sufficiently hold down the gauge. Right?

Thanks alot and can you answer my questions above?

Appreciate it :)

Gil.

·
Registered
282 Posts
well, yes, in essence, the indiglo gauges combined with your factory gauges create a thick layer that presses against the needle, preventing it from moving much. my RPM meter didnt move (if barely at all when the car starts), but all my other gauges worked just fine (MPH was a little jerky first, but after 10 miles of driving it smoothed out). but if your RPM needle really DOES move freely after you put the new gauges in, then there may be another problem...yes the double-sided tape sounds like a good idea, maybe your problem isnt the same one i had.

a good way to find out whether or not it's your new gauges or your actual RPM meter that isnt working is take out your new gauges and put it back to stock. then, rev your engine a lot and see if the RPM meter moves at all. if you didnt mess it up when putting in the new gauges, it should have no problem moving again with the stock setup. if it aint movin anymore, then something happened :eek: try this and post back

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything is alright!

There wasn't nothing to worry about :)

I think the problem was that I had painted the needles red and they were hard to get going from the initial rest point. After securing the gauges even more, I reinstalled them and the RPM gauge still didn't work. So on another day I was going to go ahead and take out the indiglos to see if it would work without it.

But today, I went ahead put the pedal to the metal (doing the 4X tranny flush) and vavoom! RPM gauge jumps up and now working again! :D

I think it just had to break in as stated above.

Thanks for your help fellas!

Gil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts