Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in an old post that the Akimoto intake for the legend is super quiet (which is what I what). Does anybody have this intake installed? Is is really quiet? Also, what'd you pay for it (and where)? thnx

·
Registered
386 Posts
intakes!!!!!!!!

I have a weapon-r dragon intake system on my car. Driving around town and on the highway at low rpms the intake is quiet. Once you get in the high rpm range between 3500-6000 rpms then the intake is quiet noticable but nothing you can't live without. In fact everyone I take for a high speed run loves the way my car sounds. They tell me it belongs on a race track and I can't argue with that. That just lets me know I'm still on the right track as I am building my car to perform alot better than stock ( not that a stock legend is a slouch mind you ).:cool:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm quite satisfied...

When I purchased my Akimoto about 2 years ago, it was one of the best air intake systems for the G2 Legend at the time. I've never had a problem with it and compared to others, I'd say its close to stock at lower RPMs but you can hear an agressive (yet not too loud) rumble/growl at higher RMPs. You can't really get away from the noise produced from any aftermarket intake so it's something we all have to live with.

It's a very good intake so if you can get your hands on one, you'll really enjoy it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts