Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone! hows everyone doin? Just like to tell ya that we reserved a 2002 Acura RSX black/black 5spd and it will be arriving from Japan in 3 weeks! The dealership did not have the one we were looking for, so after more bandying, he said a shipment with the one we wanted would come in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey! ur on that too? same screenname?

G

·
My screenname over on clubrsx is SpeedDemonAaron. I really want to get one of those, but why didn't you get the Type-S? I don't understand the point of the base model.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
My screenname over on clubrsx is SpeedDemonAaron. I really want to get one of those, but why didn't you get the Type-S? I don't understand the point of the base model.
Personally, soince I was a G2 Integra owner before, I am happy to see the Integra getting back to its roots after the G3 Integra with the RSX. However, my sister and her boyfriend leased a RSX Type S 6-Speed (Had it over a year already), and while a fun car, she rather have my 6-Speed Legend. One thing she absolutely hates about the RSX is the turn radius. For a small car, it has a turn radius as large as the Legend. Anyway, the RSX would make a fun car to play with, but I could never go back to an Integra. Even though my 93 LS Coupe 6-Speed is 9 years old, the RSX doesn't match up.

And that RSX vs WRX thread is pretty lame. Granted, looks is in the eye of the beholder, but come on. Who really thinks the WRX is a good looking car? I give it props for its performace, but I would never own one no matter if it was the fastest and best performing car on the planet. Even my wife thinks it looks like crap. I'd choose the RSX over the WRX anyday, simply because it looks nicer. The Lancer EVO is a plain looking sedan, but at least it is not totally ugly. Oh well, I'm probably in the minority who rather have looks over performance anyway.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
ChrisK said:

Personally, soince I was a G2 Integra owner before, I am happy to see the Integra getting back to its roots after the G3 Integra with the RSX. However, my sister and her boyfriend leased a RSX Type S 6-Speed (Had it over a year already), and while a fun car, she rather have my 6-Speed Legend. One thing she absolutely hates about the RSX is the turn radius. For a small car, it has a turn radius as large as the Legend. Anyway, the RSX would make a fun car to play with, but I could never go back to an Integra. Even though my 93 LS Coupe 6-Speed is 9 years old, the RSX doesn't match up.

And that RSX vs WRX thread is pretty lame. Granted, looks is in the eye of the beholder, but come on. Who really thinks the WRX is a good looking car? I give it props for its performace, but I would never own one no matter if it was the fastest and best performing car on the planet. Even my wife thinks it looks like crap. I'd choose the RSX over the WRX anyday, simply because it looks nicer. The Lancer EVO is a plain looking sedan, but at least it is not totally ugly. Oh well, I'm probably in the minority who rather have looks over performance anyway.
I am with you on that...I always thought the WRX's retro look was not tasteful at all...sort of like a mix between a PT Cruiser and a Subaru. I just got a laugh out of the guy who started the thread...the bug-eyed thing. I take nothing away from any WRX owners, but I'd rather keep my Legend thank you....and going back to an RSX is going backward....I'd say get an RL if possible...sort of a mind thing here....but, congrats to you on your purchase

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hah, what a coincidence. Ive just recently been browsing their forum too. Seeing as how I may actually be getting one in the near future. I mean, its not as big as the legend or have the same luxury, but its fun and has the same hp too. The only reason for me changing would be because recently rust was found on my roof. Which turned out to be rusting from the inside out making the warranty on my new paint job void ($605 worth to repair). Got it back and looks fine. But now that rust has been found there is a good chance there is more in other areas. Rather than wait to see if other rust becomes known we may just part with it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Leon : well, with the increased flow of "newbies" and kids who are 14 on there, some of the topics seem childish and not worth the time to read. but i gotta be honest, their forum is more "entertaining". Of course it doesnt offer the same kind of information as this one, its actually a real good forum.

Speeddemon: Well the reason i got a base was because my parents are paying for it, and in turn i will slowly slowly pay them back. My dad didnt see the need to have 200HP under the hood, so yea, cant argue with that. The Type-S DOES have lots more power than needed. see you on clubrsx.

ChrisK: well you guys have a G2 sedan, i think the ride on the RSX is about the same, if not better than the G1 sedan. However, when i drove the RSX, it did not seem to have enough "pep" as the Legend, nor did it seem faster. Rest assured, i know the RSX actually is faster, by about 1.5 sec in the 0-60. I guess i was driving it wrong.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Don't forget the TypeII Legends are 230HP, heh.

Anyways, I think the RSX is a cool car, put I personally loved the previous generation more, too bad the style was kind of played out on it though =/

I agree the 200HP Type-S would be a better choice over the basemodel. The WRX looks like a FROG but that's just IMO.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh yea of course no doubt in my mind that the TYpe-S is a better car and a better deal for the price u alreayd paying. However the decision was my parents, and well they are paying for it. so not much complaining from me! yea now when i think about it, the Legends can beat my RSX..sad..

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
AcuraGuy said:

ChrisK: well you guys have a G2 sedan, i think the ride on the RSX is about the same, if not better than the G1 sedan. However, when i drove the RSX, it did not seem to have enough "pep" as the Legend, nor did it seem faster. Rest assured, i know the RSX actually is faster, by about 1.5 sec in the 0-60. I guess i was driving it wrong.
Actually, I had two G2 TYPE II Coupes. One if which is a 6-Speed. The 6-Speed RSX is a little faster than my auto Legend, but not faster than my 6-Speed Legend. :) But like I said, two things are going for the RSX. As a past Integra owner, I feel the RSX is getting back what it lost in the G3 Integra. Also, there is so much more modifications for the RSX over the Legend, that it would be easy to make a very fast RSX. But, in stock trim, and even slightly mild modified trim for both the Legend and RSX, the 6-Speed Legend still is a faster car. Also, 1.5 seconds faster is a little much. My Auto Legend used to run the 0-60 in 7.2 seconds, with the 6-Speed anywhere from .5 to nearly 1 second faser than that.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whoa!! 7.2 sec?! serious? type 2 or 1? i didnt know Auto Legends were that fast, always thought they were late 7's or early 8's. I know the 6-spd legend will beat a RSX-S. I was comparing my G1 legend (0-60 in late 8, early 9) to the Base RSX (0-60 roughly 7.5)

dude..ur making my purchase seem more crappier.. had no idea they did them in 7.2

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
whoa!! 7.2 sec?! serious? type 2 or 1? i didnt know Auto Legends were that fast, always thought they were late 7's or early 8's. I know the 6-spd legend will beat a RSX-S. I was comparing my G1 legend (0-60 in late 8, early 9) to the Base RSX (0-60 roughly 7.5)

dude..ur making my purchase seem more crappier.. had no idea they did them in 7.2
The TYPE II G2 Legends have 230 HP remember? Anyway, yes, my car would run anywhere from 7.1-7.5 0-60s. Published times on motortrend and other magazines also have the TYPE II autos between 7.2-7.3 0-60. 5.6-15.7 1/4 mile times. As for the 6-Speed, my times on my car have been anywhere from a consistent 6.7 and some 7.0 runs when the launch is not so good. On really bad launches I can get as high as nearly 8 seconds :(. The best published time by motor trend for a 6-Speed Coupe was 6.3 seconds and 14.9. I personally have never reafhed the 6.3 goal, but I haven't lauched the car with a really high RPM yet either.

But again, the RSX has so many aftermarket support that you could turn it into a consistent 14 second car or 13 second car with reletively no problem.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hey I almost brought a RSX also (my screen name was 03RSX thinking I wait out a year first) but wind up getting a RAV4.

Why base model someone asked?
-non-premium gas
-automatic option
-200hp only comes into play at 6000rpm (or something liked that) so for 99.5% of daily driving, base & type s are "one & the same"
-cheaper too

ChrisK - what did you meant the RSX brought out the "basic" that the G3 integra was lacking?
I tend to think the G2 Integra is a classic (liked both generations Legend).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Remember that the base model RSX is only 160hp.

Last time we were at Acura we looked at it for fun. It's pretty cool, and the interior is surprisingly nice for a $20,000 car (especially with leather for $1000 extra or so). We asked the guy at the Acura service center who was working on our Legend what he thought of it and he said it was a piece of crap and he was always having to fix them though.

G

·
Hmmmm, I don't think thats true that the RSX and RSX-S are the same car till they hit VTEC. I bet you that the RSX-S curve is above the base model all the way up to vtec also.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
95gs said:

ChrisK - what did you meant the RSX brought out the "basic" that the G3 integra was lacking?
I tend to think the G2 Integra is a classic (liked both generations Legend).
Probably worded it wrong. What I was saying is as a formwer G2 integra owner, I lsot interest in the G3 Integra. It was a faster car with a better engine, but like you said, the G1 and G2 Integras had that persona that the G1 and G2 Legends have. I feel the RSX is getting beack to its roots again. My friend had a 95 Teg SE. While not the GS-R engine, it had full leather and all the other options. He liked the feel of my Integra better, and he thought the new G3 Integras (Including his own) felt cheaper. Or, it cold be that I just hated the dual round lights design.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts