Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering is it anywhat possible to swap a RSX-S engine into a legend, because i see them all over ebay and i was thinking that it would defintely be sick if possible.. Plus it would add 60HP to my 1st gen..

· Registered
2,843 Posts
A. It wouldn't fit a 2nd gen Legend. RSX uses a transverse engine layout, ours is longitudinal.

B.Pointless on a 2nd gen, same hp (or less if you have a Type 2), lots less tq regardless.

C.If you meant first gen Legend, this is posted in the wrong forum.

· I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
the RSX is about 300lbs lighter than a coupe G1 so unless you put some serious mods into the engine you're going to be underhelmed with the power. all the K20 engine is good for is revs.

torque is okay but not impressive. especially not for a 3100lb car. straight up, you'd be back to just at or marginally faster than stock after all was said and done. (.05 in the quarter and probaly .1 in a 60 run)

moving to correct forum

· Registered
102 Posts
I think I made a thread a while back about certain Honda 4-cylinders into the 1st gen. After some discussion, we came to the conclusion that it'd be pointless to put any B, D, or K series engine in the Legend. All of which wouldn't help at all due to the weight of the car. As we're so heavy, we need every bit of torque we can get. The only 4-banger from Honda that I'd consider placing into the Legend is the H23, but I'd take a C27 over it anyway.

· Registered
821 Posts
Quite a few mechanics have said the k20 is one of, if not THE best engine honda has ever made. I believe the jdm rsx-s (aka integra) engine is 240hp stock. Add a few mods and you'll probably be close to 300hp. It'd definetly be sweet but considering the C27 can push a 1st gen to just shy of 150mph I don't really see the point. You could buy yourself a parts car with a good engine and a bad auto tranny (plenty of those around) for less than a rsx-s engine

BP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.