Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my rims yesterday and both back tires rub on the lip of the wheel well.. I got 18" rims with a +45 offset w/ 225/40/z18 on them and they still rub. I heard of alot of people rolling their wheel wells. What would be the best way to do this? It would be great if i can get some ideas today because i can get it done after i get off work. I just cant drive my car and hear the tires hit every time i hit a medium sized bump or hill. Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I know someone out there has had the same problem. Where is everyone with them 18's at??

G

·
What would have really stopped your rubbing is if you would have gotten 215/35/18 or 215/40/18's tires instead of the 225/40/18's.. But you already have tires so you only option really is to get the rear fenders rolled..

Espically if you are planning to lower it. Even then you might want to get 215/40/18 just to be safe..

Bet if you are not going to lower it then just get the rear fenders rolled.

Hope this helps.:)

G

·
Take it to a Tire and rim shop that has the proper equiptment to roll the fenders. Case if they do a jacked up job they might chip your paint...

Should cost no more than 50-75$ a side.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
hmmm, must be lowered pretty in order for it to rub. Stock springs and shoxs, no way. Need more details. With a +45 offset.............HMM!! I also have 225/40 18's with a +45 offset, but I'm not lowered yet. I dont rub. I have a 2 1/2 finger gap in front and back.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
hmmm, must be lowered pretty in order for it to rub. Stock springs and shoxs, no way. Need more details. With a +45 offset.............HMM!! I also have 225/40 18's with a +45 offset, but I'm not lowered yet. I dont rub. I have a 2 1/2 finger gap in front and back.
Also depends on the Width of the wheel +45 on 7in wheels are ok, 7.5 is pushing it close. 8in definitly won't work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem. I tried cutting slits in the lip about 1 inch apart and rolled the fender and it cracked my paint! The best way to to this is to get a grinder and grind it down. I did it to the other fender and it came out perfect. :cool:

·
Registered
722 Posts
I put on my 18's yesterday....with 215 40's and the rear would have rubbed alittle but we gently hammered the lip in.... that's all it took and I'm sitting low....also my rims have a +42MM OFFSET I think my camber helps that....and qas soon as the dang company gets my new air lines sent the Air Suspension will be ready to go and then we'll see what rubs?!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

i HAVE SOME 18" WITH +45 OFFSET AND THE WIDTH OF THE TIRE IS 7.5. THE TIRE WOULD RUB ON THE EASIEST BUMP. I DONT PLAN ON LOWERING MY CAR ANYTIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE SO I TOOK MY CAR BACK AND THEY PUT SOME LIFTERS IN MY SPRINGS TO KEEP THEM FROM COMPRESSING ALL THE WAY. i THINK IT RAISED THE BACK OF MY CAR ABOUT .25- .5 INCES BUT IT ISNT NOTICABLE. i KNOW I COULD OF ROLLED THE FENDER WELLS BUT I DIDNT FEEL LIKE MESSING WITH THE RUBBER TRIM AROUND THE FENDER AND MESSING WITH A PERFECTLY NICE WHEEL WELL JUST TO GET MY RIMS TO FIT. THE CAR RIDES PRETTY GOOD, I DONT RUB ANYMORE, JUST ALITTLE STIFFER IN THE BACK. ILL SOON HAVE SOME PICS. IM PRETTY HAPPY. IF IM NOT MISTAKEN, IM THE ONLY LEGEND IN HAMPTON W/ 18'S.. LET ME KNOWW....

·
Registered
614 Posts
im running 18X7.5 with 45 offset. It used to rub so the shop just shaved off the the part of the fender that it was hitting. no more rub now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts