Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Oh man, last night was so cool. I was at a stop light and what rolls up next to me? A Dodge Viper, black! I had my windows down and the roof open with music playing and the guys signals me to turn the radio down. So I did and he asked if I wanted to drag! I declined (duh) but he decided to race anyway and when the green light came up he floored it off the line lighting up his tires. It was quite a spectacle to see from up close. Anyway, I made my way like I had been seeing his car get smaller in the distance. This leads me to my question, is there anyway in hell a Legend could keep up with a Dodge Viper? (My guess would be no short of an engine swap.)

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I ask myself the question why would a viper ask a g1 to drag?
We all the know that the only way to beat the viper is to either ram it or I just shoot out it tires :D .

That guy sounds like an a$$ to me

Esti

·
Registered
54 Posts
I also had a run in with a nice car a couple days ago. I was driving to the highway and all of a sudden this black Lotus Esprit came up along side me and gunned it at the light. MAAAAAAAAAAN that car is fast. First time i've seen one. If I were driving a Lotus or Viper, I'd want to show it off.

·
Registered
444 Posts
no joy

yea by night the peeps come out n play. i haven't been out for a couple months already n i decided to come out tuesday night. a lot of peeps over on beach blvd...

anyway i came across a hottie in her yellow convertible corvette license plate 8AVIPER. i dunno bout that. but i just swapped nods with her before she shifted to second...

well that night wasn't really productive.

·
Registered
583 Posts
maybe...

if you dropped them both from a plane....

but...
a acura guy I am, but still, an NSX will NOT beat a Viper. Viper has more hp, brakes, suspension. as far as special editions, compare apples to apples and the viper still wins out.

as far as showing off what you have...
as long as you got the $ for tickets and tires.... and if your drivin a viper, (or NSX) I guess you may...

·
Registered
583 Posts
well.... um, ... YEAH....

was talkin beatin, not drivin...
NSX got way more sex...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Guys..... Watch the SCCA races... The NSXs are head-to-head with the vipers... They don't quite have the power in the straights, but kill in the corners and braking !!! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very cool story, I should share some of my own some time.

So... this is my first post here that I can actually add any content to.

So the consensus is correct. A stock 91-97 NSX (3.0 liter) can't keep up with a Viper..... in a straight line.

I ran with a Viper GTS on the freeway and from about 70-140 he pulled about 4 car lengths on me before we had to let up. Keep in mind that I have no idea what kind of mods he had but I would assume that he was stock. I have a few mods but not enough to give me too much more than 290 @ the crank.

From a stand still however the viper would eat me for breakfast. The NSX is **NOT** a drag car.

Now on a track a viper is still probably a faster car..... for a seasoned driver. But you take a novice like myself and place me in a Viper or an NSX on a new track and I can assure you that I will lap faster times in the NSX. The Viper is just so damn hard to place in a corner. The clown shoe nose of the Viper is impossible to see over, and hitting apexes with that thing is like threading a needle with thread the size of a 2x4.

Now in comes the NSX with the supercharger. The newest version out there will give us poor boys a minimum of 100 extra HP at the wheels. At that point,.... Vipers no longer are an issue,.... it is the blown vetts and Lamborghini's that we have to worry about now:D !

Cheers guys! great new forum.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Viper

I know a man, well a relative who dabbles in tuning when I asked him if my legend could EVER beat a stock viper?, Well, after he got through laughing he said "well if you re-enforced (spelling) the engine, added a turbo, no wait two turbos (would have to be fabricated) wastegates, intercooler slicks quicker tranny ect ect ect lightend up the car bout 500 lbs and got a clean launch.......maybe" hmm sounds like a prospect to me :D

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Woh

Hey man, that sounds like a project for one of the richer members of this forum. It ain't me though...I'm a broke 18 year-old. :D
But, wow, that is a lot of stuff to do to the engine. How about throwing out the stock engine altogether. What kind of engines could we logically swap into it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there any way a Legend could keep up with a Viper? Hell No! i mean the dodge Viper is a Mopar Hunk of Crap, i always thought that if you want a somthing fast Buy a Sports car like a NSX or a Supra or a 300zx TT, dont get me wrong, i love my Legend, but when i want to tear up the road, i Drive i Twin Turbo Zx, the Legend is a good Cruzer, but the Z is a SPORTS CAR,

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yeah it might cost a lot, but I mean IMAGINE the look on the guys face (in the viper) when you calmy plant your right foot and leave him behind lol that would almost be worth it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts