Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really don't drive around looking for races, but if someone plays with me I play back.
I going to work tonight at about 10:30pm. I'm traveling on one of our many parkways here in NY. This parkway has a few traffic lights spread out throughout it. I'm stopped at a light on the left lane and there's a car on the right lane. I noticed a car stoped behind me (bmw Z3). The light turns green and start going nice and easy. The Z3 behind me is on my ass so I'm getting pissed, after we clear the car on the right hand lane the z3 changes lanes. He gets next me to me and floors it, I'm in second and I floor it. I pull way about 1/2 a car length and getting bigger. I'm going about 100 mph in 4th gear and he just gives up. I figured out what car it was when I slowed down for my exit, But since it was dark I couldn't tell what year or which model (2.3L or 2.8L)

:D
Esti

·
Registered
444 Posts
good for you! i love it when our G1s beat the snot out of newer models, especially euros...

alot of z3s are V6 2.5L

add one crossbone to your kill list!

·
Registered
386 Posts
The Infamous Z3 Run!!!!!

Looks like some else just became a believer. I told you guys our G1 legends are nothing to sleep on. Just because a car has years on it doesn't mean it has age on it as well. To the guy who raced a Z3 AND WON, keep up the good work and no matter what always give'em hell.:D

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you never know, we weren't always cops :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
The cops wouldnt be able to do anything if they werent in a squad, would they. I raced a 98 cadi STS last night in my G1 sedan, by my friends house. The guy thought he could blow me away and I beat him by a good car length until we hit 70 or 80, then I missed my turn and had to stop. He would have beat me in the long run, but I kicked his ass off the line. The guy kepy flying when I pulled to turn, thats like when people that get beat think that flying past you after you have obviously stopped racing is beating you. What a nerd. One more victim of my so called, family sedan............or is it? MUHUHAHAHAHAH! :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nice kill Esti!

·
Registered
217 Posts
damnit esti, i was thinking about this post tonite when i was driving behind this z3. i was like ooh this mofo drivin fast, ima beat him down like esti beat dat one guy down but it was a lady who would drive liek 20mph over the speed limit but wouldnt race :(

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't go out and try and race on my account. Don't forget safety first. When I raced that guy the road way in front of us was totaly empty. I know from hanging out with members and reading posts that most everyone here has a good head on their shoulders, But I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Opps there's the cop in me coming out :D

Have fun but Drive smart, and watch out for those red lights

Esti :p

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
esti

Esti said:
Don't go out and try and race on my account. Don't forget safety first. When I raced that guy the road way in front of us was totaly empty. I know from hanging out with members and reading posts that most everyone here has a good head on their shoulders, But I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Opps there's the cop in me coming out :D

Have fun but Drive smart, and watch out for those red lights

Esti :p
Esti,
I say for the next meet, you don your FULL POLICE GEAR, including riot gear and anything else you may deem necessary, and hand out RICE tickets.

That would be hilarious.

-J

·
Registered
685 Posts
got a question, is the 97 caddy STS slower then the 94? I raced my best friends 94, and well he blew the doors off my poor 88 (sedan L)

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have also been absolutley smashed in a race by the same car, probably a 95 STS. I think I just go lucky, like I said though, that cadi would no doubt easily blow our G1s doors off in the long run.

·
Registered
685 Posts
ok whew was getting fearfull I had something parasiting my horses thanks chuck, and with a top end of 155 gov limit yeah I think it's safe to say the sts is just a little faster

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Since I got pulled over for 100 I am cool.

Since I got pulled over for 100 I am watching my speed like crazy.

But.......... a speeder is a speeder.

speeding is like smoking.

imagine you telling your co-works

"I am going on a speed break. Going out for lunch 40miles away. be back in 10 mins"

imagine that?

·
Registered
867 Posts
pulled over for 100? where and when? how much was the ticket and how many points did u get put on?

sorry to hear that man

·
Registered
867 Posts
hey i cruise on the nyc pkwys too
my gf lives in long island and i live in Queens

I always speed on Northern State, done 100+ a whole bunch of times
but usually i have my cruise control set at 70 or 72
its funny cuz going up hills the cruise control actually works a lot faster and ur going around 80 mph
it just pisses me off when I see people blow right by me doing 80+ or high beam me when im doing 75

1 - 20 of 20 Posts