Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is the drivers side door really hard to fish speaker wires through? I wasn't able to pull the rubber piece that covers all the wires apart from the car side. It was quite simple to disconnect both ends do on the passenger side. Now I'm trying to fish the wire going behind the fuse box with a hanger but I can't seem to find the opening for all the wires to go into the rubber piece. Well, i can find it but can't seem to get the hanger through it. Are there any tricks to it? Is it sealed off? My wires are hanging out and it bugs the hell outta me.

Thanks in advance for any advice

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
this is going to sound stupid, but you must take the front fenders off to do it right, ChrisK is the one that gave me this advice, it's true.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
luvmylegend said:
this is going to sound stupid, but you must take the front fenders off to do it right, ChrisK is the one that gave me this advice, it's true.
Well, I have heard some people say they were able to do t without removeing the fender, but that is on a Sedan only. I haven't heard of Coupes owners saying that. I spend nearly 45 minutes trying to fish the wire in, then spend all but 10 minutes removing the fender and slidding the speaker wire through. I think total time on each door from removing the fender, running the wire, then putting everything back together took no more than 20 minutes. I completed both doors in less time it took for me to attempt one door. Whether it is possible to do it without removing the fender is antoher story, but after the fender is removed, you have so much room to work with that it is worth it just so you don't have to abuse your hands and body in odd possitions. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
took me a **** hour to do it. I ran four 16awg wires and a 8awg wire.

BTW thanks Chris for the advice, and yes my body was in an odd position. :mad: :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'll probably try this next weekend when i have time. oh yeah, my body was in VERY odd positions trying to fish the wire through.. :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
I think you just pop your hood and take a 10mm to it. There may be some screws in the wheel well too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I fished 12guage wire through mine. Took forever! Better plan. Cut the rubber, fish the wire through, and use eclectrical tape to tape it back together. Saves a lot of time and headache!

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
wyolegend said:
I fished 12guage wire through mine. Took forever! Better plan. Cut the rubber, fish the wire through, and use eclectrical tape to tape it back together. Saves a lot of time and headache!
See, but that's the thing, if you remove the fenders it saves you a lot of headache as it takes all but 5-10 mintues to remove each fender. Then you can fish the wire through in a few minutes through the rubber boot without cutting it. Really, the fender is not that hard to remove. It's just unbolting a bunch of 10mm bolts and then removing it.

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
YAAAAAAAAAA GGGGEEEETTTT THE F OUT OF HERE!!!
You have got to be f-ing kidding me ! This is taking me over 2 f-ing hours already trying ot run a new speaker wire the the door jamb wire loom. Im so fustrated Im fucking pissed already. Tried a coat hanger lubed with petroleum jelly - NOT the f-ing coat hanger only goes halfway and just gets caught up in that TIGHT mess of wires either way I go...So I search Oh just take off the Fender for easier access , just a few 10mm bolts here and there -YEAH BLOODY RIGHT!!! EXcpet for the other bolts underneath the black molding towards the bottom of the car where you have to take off that black molding to access the other screws at the bottom of the fender so you can remove the fender. Yah so black molding has black screws that are like a million years old and corroded to f-ing shit so the just spin around while the black plastic screw disentegrates underneath the screwdriver ----Oh yeah and lets not forget the other fender screw that the headlight is also attached to _Gee guess you might as well pull off the front bumper to get to that screw that headlight and fender are using together...MAN I JUST WANT TO RUN A NEW F-ING WIRE MY FRONT SPEAKERS NOT TAKE THE WHOLE F-ING FENDER /BUMPER / HEADLIGHT - WHAT THE HELL ELSE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION TOO?!?!?!? Ranting Like a pissed off mother Fugger at this bullshiat!!!:bigcry: :flame: :flame: :mad: :bash: :grumble:

G

·
I did the front ones, and I re-wired my rear speakers... it was such a pain in the ass. I did not take off the fenders, now I wish I had.

·
know 'm ool
1,399 Posts
sorry you're having so much trouble.

I ran like 3 pairs of 16awg wire through mine, all at different times with just a coat hanger. I haven't done it in like 2 years though, i remember it being kinda hard though. I never took off the fender. Maybe i had less wires going throuh there cause i have a base model, without.....uhm memory seats.....and uhhhh i guess that's it. sorry i can't be more help

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
CHEA~ I fuggin did it. My trick was to take off the fuse panel cover on the drivers side and poke the coat hanger out of the edge of the rubber seal on the car side from inside the fuse panel area , then i Pokey hole on the rubber wire loom cover and followed coat hanger thru the rest of the way into the door . Trying to go from the door into the car the other way is fuggin impossible. I figuired out why when I took a small flashlight and peeked at the wires from the fuse panel side. O.K. once those wires enter your car the are literally TAPED together to the rubbber cover ...so the only way a coat hanger is goin in from the door side and into the car behind that fuse panel is to untape all that junk so it can even go through. I just needed a knap and a good little flashlight. I changed the POS Bose radio I had for a Kenwood and so far just changed 1 driver side door speaker and already my car is hitting harder then when I had that POS Bose with the blown out amp and all my new speakers hooked up ...1 fuggin speaker only right know and sounds 1 million times better, Man my system was bad. Know Im working on getting the door panel back on but fixed the power lock switch (wasnt woking due to bad connection at the connector (fixed by cleaning connectors and slightly bending the 3 metal prongs in connector to make a tighter fit), and also putting new Black speaker fabric over old disgusting Bose speaker cover and cleaning the HELL out of the entire door panel before mounting it back on ...now Im psyched since my system is alread sounding Audible for once !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts