Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had success with getting rust gone for good of of the quarter panel area in front of the rear tires. Thin stip of rust one on each one. What would this cost and how well will it work?

·
Registered
332 Posts
The thing about rust (and corrosion, in general) is that it is inevitable. Everything oxidizes and once it starts, its difficult to correct.

But, there is hope. I've seen ads in boating magazines for Rustoleum and some other rust removers. No idea how much they cost, but its an option. Otherwise, get a quote from a body shop.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You guys ever use touch up paints? What's a good brand out there?

I've also heard about some rust removers that would change the chemical composition of some rust back to solid metal... what brand/name is it under?

·
Registered
160 Posts
paulo 57509 do you know if the product Por-15 actually works? I would like to try such a product on developing rust spots.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
bob b said:
paulo 57509 do you know if the product Por-15 actually works? I would like to try such a product on developing rust spots.
I have no personal experience with POR-15, but it seems to be some good stuff. When I had my old '63 Tri-Power Bonneville, I was going to use it on the rusted trunk floor. Until a lowrider in a '64 Impala took me out on the freeway. I miss that car. :(

See what others have to say:

http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sea...d=126816&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

http://www.chevytalk.org/cgi-bin/ub...427-010339-u58p.cgi&Total=67&StartAt=A:000010

I hope the links work....

Keep in mind that some people on the above forums are pretty hardcore and will spare no expense in doing a repair/restoration project. In other words, the only way is the RIGHT way.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Paulo man, thanks so much for that link. Those guys ARE very serious people indeed. Our guys should visit with them. I had to tear myself away as there is so much to learn. I can apply some of their techniques on a Monaco we will be restoring this summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts