Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 91 legend L sedan but because I was so eager to get off the bus I rushed it and now I'm stuck with a car that has already cost me more to repair than to buy. What I would like to know is how much would it cost to repair the rust or if its even worth the investment. I have a small area on the quarter panels that has rusted through, 3 of the 4 door sills have rusted through, driver side wheel well is rusting and there is about three spots around the windshield. I got a bunch of pics maybe somebody can who has had this or a similar problem can help me out.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are all the answers I was afraid to get... and I was thinking about driving this until I can find a '95 legend or something in better condition. Mechanically it runs very well so I'm sure I can manage. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm just gonna do the body work myself with the fiber glass resin and that color match paint you can get from napa has anybody successfully done repairs on rust this bad? And if so do you have any tips regarding products I should use or tools or techniques so far I got the sand paper 80 - 220 grit, block sander, primer, fiber glass kit from Bondo, color match paint I'm sure I'm gonna need that POR - 15 stuff any more suggestions

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So after a couple of months I ended up getting a coupe in much better condition... it has rust too just no holes that I can see. Hey TonyTheBullet if you can pm me those contacts you have for the rust repair cause I really would like to get this handled now before it gets outta hand oh and Shtewps I don't think I got the response if you did get back to me as I pretty much gave up on my sedan its a parts car now. My supt. loves me hahaha I'll try to put some pics of the coupe's rust up as soon as I get home

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What the coupe's problem areas look like

That horizontal collection of dots is actually a series of dings

Another ding

rust

a lil more

and what should I do with this?

I hope to clear this rust away before its too expensive and the dings and paint could wait I guess

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.