Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of getting a new car , either an Rx-7, A supra or a 300zx , all late model years, and all are turbos, please any advice will be aprreciated, im pushing towards the rx-7. So i would love to have any insight on what you guys think, oh and by the way im still keeping my legend, will be my weekend driver. Thanks in advance

·
Banned
759 Posts
GO FOR THE 3rd Gen RX7, phatest car and best performing... Supra TT 6-Speed are rare but they suck at the track they are dyno cars, 3rd gear and up are awsome so they are only good on the dyno and the highway.. RX7 can do anything and the 300Z is amazing to but If you can get a RX7 TT god go for that!

·
Registered
847 Posts
RX-7 is a very nice car, but it also has many major problems due to poor design. Make sure that you go to RX-7 forums and learn about all of them before you purchase it. Most likely, you'll have to rebuild the engine and some other things before you can really enjoy it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm not a fan of the 300zx.

Keep in mind the 350z is coming out soon and you might be able to get it for less than a Supra. Dealers around here are asking 40000+ for them..... it's funny the sales people are always so quick to use the blue book value when it suits them but they turn a blind eye when it comes to the Supra.

I like the RX7 but I read several not so flattering articles about it. I think they were on ImportTuner.com if your interested.

I'd go with a Supra or even a 3000 vr-4.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Legend XTC said:
Im in the process of getting a new car , either an Rx-7, A supra or a 300zx , all late model years, and all are turbos, please any advice will be aprreciated, im pushing towards the rx-7. So i would love to have any insight on what you guys think, oh and by the way im still keeping my legend, will be my weekend driver. Thanks in advance
I'd go for a Supra TT. It's fairly easy to mod for moderate horsepower increase and it's much better in reliability. The engine is strong with higher tolerance to play with. But same as any other high-end sports car, if you're buying the car and looking to save some $ in mod and maintanence then it's not gonna work very well. I'd put around $10,000 into my Supra and it's like it is still far from completion. From OEM to BPU to Twin HKS 2835s turbos to all APU, be prepared to drop a lot of coins for that addiction of extra horsepowers. :)

regards,

_________
eddie
95 LS 6spd
98 TT bpu 6sp

·
Banned
759 Posts
As much as I like Supra's My friend has blow his Turbo's on the STOCK EVERYTHING... It also ran 14.1 stcok, and with $1000 exuast downpipe and all, and a bost control he runs 13.3. The other cars are quicker than the supra I'd say, SUPRA's are DYNO CARS not DRAG CARS

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I would definitely go with the Supra, alot of my close friends have RX-7s, 7 total in fact at one time. The one thing I found out from them is the the car is not reliable at all, always having some sort of problems, ranging from syncros to bad turbos. Thus, reasons for some of them to dump the REX and get a new car; Supras and Luxo cars.

The car is awesome when it's running well, it's when it's not that's a problem, those rotary engines take alot of loving to be at it's best and not to mention $$$$.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The Supra TT would be my choice, the RX-7 is fast, no doubt, but the Wankel engine has no low-end torque,(not designed well). I used to love 300zx TT, I still do, but the design is aging, and the new 350z is too dramatic for me. The Supra has the best all around looks and performance.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
If you want a good performing car that's affordsble, get the 300ZX... if you want an affordable car that's tempermental, get the RX (still a rockin little car, but you'd need to upgrade the cooling system, etc... ASAP), but if you want a good, rock-solid, reliable car that's easy to work on, easy to upgrade, and built strong, get a Supra... I've been through enough RX's to know that I'll never want to own one, no matter how good of a deal that it is... I just don't like paying a friggin premium for a 4-8 year old car (The Supra... that's idiotic, but then again, go over to Supraforums and see what they have to say)

·
Registered
132 Posts
No kidding, the Supra commands 3x the resale value of the little pocket rocket. Having driven both, I love the crisp sharp handling of the 700lb lighter Rex better. Now I'd buy a 3rd gen for around 10k, have a reputable rotary shop(such as M2 Racing/Mazdatrix) rebuilt motor with all the reliablity mods, get a motec/haltechE6K EMS, afm, bigger secondary injectors, and most importantly upgrade cooling system and replace factory vaccuum hoses. So look to spend another 10G on top of the purchase price. Most importantly buy the Rex if you're really into doing most of the work yourself or else you'll pay a fortune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If i knew it will be this difficult i would of settled for a civic j/k
I like the looks of an rx-7 but i heard its rotary engine has problems plus im not to familiar with rotary engnes, the supra is amazing it has everything, but oh so expensive, the 300zx is nice but like someone said it has aging looks. the 350z is nothing like its predecessor, and neither is the rx-8, well i counted the 300zx out of the picture, and personally think the rx-7 is better looking then the supra, but maybe its because i haent seen many rx-7's on the street. Well of to the forums to see whats up, can anyone advise me on which forums i can go to find this out thanks allot people in adavnce

·
Registered
799 Posts
go for the Supra, the engine's are rock solid and can handle the major mods..but i'm biased (like Josh S)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Legend XTC said:
Well of to the forums to see whats up, can anyone advise me on which forums i can go to find this out thanks allot people in adavnce
You can start here:
Supra
RX7
In the end, you want to get both to truly enjoy what they're all about. Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts