Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4th Forum OG & counting..
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I posted this @ the other forum as well but I didn't know who was browsing on what forum so here goes: I just wanted to know if there were differences between the cylinder heads on the Type I and Type II motors. Are they interchangeable?

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Of course they're interchangable. Dv8 and Leon Millett have both done the top end swap.

Cams are diferent. Porting is revised.

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
mine's in the process. (STILL, DARN IT!) Anyways, it's not too hard to do the whole swap. and it's gonna be pretty tough to change just the heads, cam, and misc other parts.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
The swap was a pain, mayby because i didnt have a mechanics garage and a lift. but deffinatly worth doing espesscialy if you have high miles.

The WHOLE TOPEND is Differnt on a Type II so Swap it all.

Also the Crank pulley is difernt, but you dont need to swap that.

IF im not mistaken, im starting to learn that the tranny mounts the same but actually is built with more agressive Ratios. so swap that too.

~Hybrid

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. The problem I have is that I have a Type II right side head with bent valves. I was curious to see if I could just use the cams from my Type II head on a Type I replacement. It's just pretty hard to find some heads for a Type II. Any ideas as to where I could get some from? The junkyards around here are stocked with Type I's but no II's. I tried www.car-part.com but all they had available as far as the Type II was the complete engine.

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kinda ran into some s#it w/ my car and I really really need a passenger side head for a Type II... DV8 - Could you shoot me a price @ [email protected] ? I've tried all the places in my area but they only want to sell complete motor sets so that kinda sux.. Hit me back when u get a chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts