Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the S2000 has like a 240 hp 4 cylinder and the 93 6 speed has 230(Reason I say the L model is b/c it is lighter b/c it doesn't have a heavy heated seat thing, ChrisK:))...So obviously, the supercharged S2000 would win but would the legend even come close to it? Anyone ever attempted to race an S2000?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
I would think the weight difference would be offset by the s2000's poor aerodynamics at higher speeds. But those s2000's are REALLY fast if driven by a good driver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,100 Posts
They are FAST. I rode in one like a month ago and it feels like it owuld leave my friends 6-speed. But a kid at our school got a new S2 so we will find out soon enough ha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
The S2k has a 2.0L 4 that is NA, not supercharged. And if he can drive it AT ALL he will kill your ass at just about any speed. The s2k will do 150-155mph, but he gets a lotta juice at his powerband, so when speeds get higher I think it will pull away even further. He will definately kill you at less than 60. Unless he is a VERY bad driver. My friend has a v8 1994 thunderbird auto. We raced a S2k wil two (Looked like 15 year olds) driving it and could drive a stick for ****. They tried, and everytime they got in thier powerband, they would come up on us FAST, but he took like 3-4 seconds to shift each gear (No joke, we were laughin our asses off) Had he been able to drive, he would have slaughtered my friend, BC at the time his bird was stock and had a reported 16.5sec 1/4. So it all depends on the driver man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Yes, but comptech does make a supercharger for the car that makes it extremely fast.
the supercharger might help somewhat but not as much as say on a prelude. and other mods do not help the s2k much.. the engine is already tweeked to the max. I read an article about a decked out muegen s2k and it was not that much faster than stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
I have the pleasure of owning a 2000 S2000 (black/black) and a black/black 1993 Acura Legend LS 6 speed coupe with some modifications. I drive them both and enjoy both of them very much. The Legend is powerful, and luxurious, but fellas, it is not nearly as quick, at any speed, as the S2000.

BTW, once broken in the S2000 is a low 5 second to 60 machine. Motor Trend had their's to 60 in 5.2 and 13.8 through the 1/4, RT tested one to 60 in 5.3, some other magazines had them as slow as 5.8, but even Consumers Reports tested their S2000 to 60 in 5.6 seconds. Toodling around town, the Legend 6 speed is torquier, but if you get serious, the Legend is quick and powerful while the S2000 is a rocket. There's a difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
guys, the super charged S2000 is nothing comparable to the turbo charged S2000 which has at least 340WHP........... My family also has a S2000, no, Legends has no chance if S2000 is driven by a good(or abusive) driver.:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
2x6spds said:
I have the pleasure of owning a 2000 S2000 (black/black) and a black/black 1993 Acura Legend LS 6 speed coupe with some modifications. I drive them both and enjoy both of them very much. The Legend is powerful, and luxurious, but fellas, it is not nearly as quick, at any speed, as the S2000.

BTW, once broken in the S2000 is a low 5 second to 60 machine. Motor Trend had their's to 60 in 5.2 and 13.8 through the 1/4, RT tested one to 60 in 5.3, some other magazines had them as slow as 5.8, but even Consumers Reports tested their S2000 to 60 in 5.6 seconds. Toodling around town, the Legend 6 speed is torquier, but if you get serious, the Legend is quick and powerful while the S2000 is a rocket. There's a difference.
I dont know about all that 0-60 in 5.2, 5.3 mumbo jumbo. I tear up S2000's like no ones business and I really doubt my car is doing 0-60 in 5.2, remember the magazine is using professional drivers for their tests, it is highly unlikely someone off the street is gonna be pulling the same numbers, I'd be willing to stake $1000 that a S2000 (even with H/I/E) wouldnt beat me either off a light or on the Freeway and according to my buddies Gtech (not the most accurate of measuring devices mind you) but it says Im pulling a 0-60 in 6.5 (that was before I/E though)

any takers???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
lol, FYI, H/I wouldn't do much for an S2000. The stock intake is already a cone with ram air while the header is hand made and polished at the factory. Someone even did a entire P&P job and found out that the factory job was so good that he has wasted money doing it. Exhaust wise are mainly for weight saving and not additional HP. Go to s2ki.com and challenge them, I think they wouldn't mind for a challenge like that.

Just warning you that we've ran a GS with CAI, Chip, and Remus against a S2k. The result was that both cars were head to head while the S2k driver was really conservative(and not a good shifter, lol) and the engine just finished break in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
That's very nice. My LS 6 speed coupe has hit 60 in a few hundredths over 6 seconds and it is not as quick as my S2000. As to your suggestion that your car which you claim hits 60 in 6.5 seconds consistently beats S2000s, all I can say is go race someone who knows how to drive, unless of course you have a 100 shot or more of nitrous or unless you're full of ****.

As to your offer to race for $1000, I'll pass. I don't want your $1000 and think your challenge is rude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
claus44 said:
lol, FYI, H/I wouldn't do much for an S2000. The stock intake is already a cone with ram air while the header is hand made and polished at the factory. Someone even did a entire P&P job and found out that the factory job was so good that he has wasted money doing it. Exhaust wise are mainly for weight saving and not additional HP. Go to s2ki.com and challenge them, I think they wouldn't mind for a challenge like that.

Just warning you that we've ran a GS with CAI, Chip, and Remus against a S2k. The result was that both cars were head to head while the S2k driver was really conservative(and not a good shifter, lol) and the engine just finished break in.
A ha, but I dont drive a 6 speed Legend, my racer has 2 more cylinders :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
2x6spds said:
That's very nice. My LS 6 speed coupe has hit 60 in a few hundredths over 6 seconds and it is not as quick as my S2000. As to your suggestion that your car which you claim hits 60 in 6.5 seconds consistently beats S2000s, all I can say is go race someone who knows how to drive, unless of course you have a 100 shot or more of nitrous or unless you're full of ****.

As to your offer to race for $1000, I'll pass. I don't want your $1000 and think your challenge is rude.
Dont talk the talk unless you're gonna walk the walk, did I ever say I had a 6 speed legend????? dont see it anywhere in my post...yeah its a 6 speed, but its not an Acura.....and btw, I know why it was only pulling 0-60 in 6.5...its called "H" rated tires on a car with 325lbs of torque that should have come with "Z" rated tires but the dumbazz that owned it before me didnt know squat apparently
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
and btw...Im not trying to be rude at all....I just dont like S2000's, everyone thinks they're gods gift....I'll give you the fact that its a well built motor...but the powerband is way off for usable power in everyday life, when you dont get any power till 6000 rpms thats useless in my eyes...but opinions are like Azzholes, everyones got one:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
So, you're trolling on a Legend site with a Z28, SS or Firebird? Funny, you walk the walk of a hustler.

GM = Garbage Machine?
 

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
Joined
·
4,926 Posts
past_acura_owner said:
and btw...Im not trying to be rude at all....I just dont like S2000's, everyone thinks they're gods gift....I'll give you the fact that its a well built motor...but the powerband is way off for usable power in everyday life, when you dont get any power till 6000 rpms thats useless in my eyes...but opinions are like Azzholes, everyones got one:D
I think I can agree that the torque is rather low for evryday driving, but it is no different than driving any other 4 cylinder Honda around town. Now, I know you have a 6-Speed V8 (540i? Camaro SS?), so that is probabaly uneccaptable for you, but it really is no different then most 4 cylinder cars out there. However, it really isn't that hard of a car to drive fast. While I can't speak personally because I don't have an S2000, a friend I know autocrosses his stock S2000 and has a perfect 7 first place wins out of 7 races this season. He is by no means a professionaly driver. I know that autocrossing is different than pure speed, but it just shows it is a very capable car that beats many other more powerful cars in both handling and speed. Also, his wife autocrosses the same S2000 as well, and while she has no wins, she is currently in 3rd palce overall, while her husband is in first obiously. If she can drive the S2000 fast, I think most people can as well.

Now, I am not a convertable fan myself, and I would only consider the S2000 with a hard top for that reason, but as a Legend 6-Speed owner myself who can get my car into the 6.7 0-60 range using an idle RPM launch, I have to give the S2000 the credit and say it will beat the fastest stock Legend. Now that was the whole post of this original topic anyway. I'm sure a 6-Speed V8 could smoke the S2000, but the 6-Speed Legends, even when run at its fastest will have a very hard time beating it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
2x6spds said:
So, you're trolling on a Legend site with a Z28, SS or Firebird? Funny, you walk the walk of a hustler.

GM = Garbage Machine?
no, not really.....Im looking into buying a G2 and my buddy is a legend owner and member

not trying to hustle anybody....I told you straight out I smoke S2000's and told you what my 0-60 times were...there was no hustle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
ChrisK said:


I think I can agree that the torque is rather low for evryday driving, but it is no different than driving any other 4 cylinder Honda around town. Now, I know you have a 6-Speed V8 (540i? Camaro SS?), so that is probabaly uneccaptable for you, but it really is no different then most 4 cylinder cars out there. However, it really isn't that hard of a car to drive fast. While I can't speak personally because I don't have an S2000, a friend I know autocrosses his stock S2000 and has a perfect 7 first place wins out of 7 races this season. He is by no means a professionaly driver. I know that autocrossing is different than pure speed, but it just shows it is a very capable car that beats many other more powerful cars in both handling and speed. Also, his wife autocrosses the same S2000 as well, and while she has no wins, she is currently in 3rd palce overall, while her husband is in first obiously. If she can drive the S2000 fast, I think most people can as well.

Now, I am not a convertable fan myself, and I would only consider the S2000 with a hard top for that reason, but as a Legend 6-Speed owner myself who can get my car into the 6.7 0-60 range using an idle RPM launch, I have to give the S2000 the credit and say it will beat the fastest stock Legend. Now that was the whole post of this original topic anyway. I'm sure a 6-Speed V8 could smoke the S2000, but the 6-Speed Legends, even when run at its fastest will have a very hard time beating it.
Oh yeah, I'll definitely give credit to the S2000 in the autocross world, it handles like a dream...only other car I'd consider for cornering would be the 911TT and the Z06 corvette, and the price of the S2000 compared to the other two is very attractive....but on the speed issue I just dont think the S2000 cuts it.....the Legend is ok, it was meant to be a luxury car, not a racer, so its doing its job....thats why it gets to me when people talk like the S2000 is gods gift to sports cars, cuz it really isnt, unless you want to autocross (like you pointed out)
 
1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Top