Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took this cup holder from a Saab in the local junk yard. I'm not sure of the year, but I think it's in the 90's. I was thinking about the ford tarus, but the saab had a more rich look to it.... don't you think??? Apart from extending holes for the radio side screws to fit and a little mod here and there, it wasn't too hard to do. I also used the saab metal double din stereo bracket which the cup holder was already screwed to.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
year and model saab this came from. i'm gonna have to bite your style. this is SICK

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
nice mod and upgrade!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thes cup holder/coin tray was an option on the 85-98 SAAB 9000 as the 9000 had three single DIN slots. I'm not sure if any of them came with it as standard though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the positive comments and to answer all the questions. In regards to year and model, I really don't know. The saab back end was smashed really bad but interior intact and I was curious to see what the inside looked like, and then I saw the cup holder and had to grab it. You can drive with it open but at times depending how u shift gears, your hand may brush on the edge for double cup mode. In single cup mode (pic3) I can drive ok because it doesn't stick out fully. For guys with auto I think no problem...touch free in double cup mode (pic4).

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Nice mod :thumbsup: I want one!

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
WOW!.
that has got to be the most useful mod i've seen so far...
someone should start investing in these parts .. make biiiig bucks :p

+1 amazing mod!
i'm gunna get to it

·
Registered
364 Posts
hell yeah man thanks, i just picked up one a lil dif off ebay but it still fits in the DIN area whatta ya think ?

Photobucket

1 - 14 of 14 Posts