Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, back a few months ago my tranny started to slip. I tried everything to see if I didn't have to change the tranny. Nothing work. The only option that I had was to change the tranny. I was going to change the tranny but than I started to think about what I was going to have to fix next. Having 2 young boys, I didn't have the option of having to keep investing money into the car. I always said that I was going to keep the car and fix it up ( a hobby ) but it was eisier said than done. I tried to sell the car but there isn't a high demand for Legends up here in NH, more like trucks. So I ended up taking her apart and now I plan on selling the parts on e-bay. It sucks that it had to come down to this but I really need the money. I wanted to give you guys on the Forum a first chance to buy these parts but I really need the money so I am starting to put some stuff on e-bay. I'll try and keep you guys posted on what happens.
Right now I'm selling the Automatic Climate Control Unit..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-Acura-Legend-Climate-Control-Automatic-System_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33545QQitemZ8013578564QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Eventually I will end up selling anything in the car. Let me know if you guys want anything ( I mean any little thing ) and I'll see what I can do. Thanks for reading this.
 

· Fre OG
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
hey man I am in NH (Claremont) I would be interested in your car what would you want for it? milage year model? service done, work needed besides tranny?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
yo that sux to hear that man, really am. But if things dont work out with shaylord, i would be interested in some things, especially if they are going for a good price. Specifically, the K&N intake, clear corners, koni's, and definately the carputer, and maybe some other stock stuff, PM me if anything........thanx
 

· Fre OG
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
I am defently interested in the remus let me know what you want for the car
 

· Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the interest guys. I already took the whole car apart, mostly interior stuff but also some exterior stuff. I was looking at $1500 with the tranny the way it was. I had it sitting outside for a few months and when I went to turn it on, the check engine light came on so I decided to not sell it the way it was. The car had almost 175,000 miles on it. 92 Legend LS sedan. Oil change every 3,000 miles.
I will be putting up most of the stuff on e-bay. I would sell the carputer but I took it out as I'm gonna put it in the new car. I am selling the radio bezel that I custom made for the carputer. I'll be putting that up on e-bay too. I'll keep you guys posted.
 

· Fre OG
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Do u still have the remus?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I noticed you are selling the auto climate control on ebay. I just finished installing one in my Legend about a month ago, so if you sell it to someone who wants to do the climate control mod, I can tell you exactly what else they will need off of your Legend to make it work, sensors, etc. I can even assist on the wiring of it. Mine works fine. Just trying to help out with people wanting to do the mod.
 

· AKA Smartjay28
Joined
·
5,720 Posts
RiegerSC said:
I noticed you are selling the auto climate control on ebay. I just finished installing one in my Legend about a month ago, so if you sell it to someone who wants to do the climate control mod, I can tell you exactly what else they will need off of your Legend to make it work, sensors, etc. I can even assist on the wiring of it. Mine works fine. Just trying to help out with people wanting to do the mod.
yea im intrested in that too.
can you giv me the list of things i need and carlos, can you giv me a price on all the parts he listed? thanks
 

· Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
SmartJay, Here are the parts you will want to get from Carlos in order to make everything work. 1) Auto Climate Control Unit with green clip and wires hanging off the back. 2) Outside air ambient temp sensor (just have him unclip the sensor right under the hood in front of the radiator, your car already has the wiring for it, mine did on the 95 L) 3) Heater Core temp sensor (it has 2 orange wires coming off of it, and also get the little metal clip that goes with it) 4) sunlight sensor up by the window in middle of dash 5) mode control motor above the gas pedal, you will not be able to use the one in your car.

Those are the only 5 things you will need, your car has everything else in it that the system needs. You do not need to get a different wiring harness, all you do is just add wires along side your existing harness with tape or zip ties. Once you have everything you need, then I can assist you in the wiring, I can get you the exact info on what color coded wires go where. I can email you that info when you are ready.

Also, if you would like, I can email you pictures of the sensors you will need that I took during my installation to give you an idea of what they look like and where they are located.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RiegerSC said:
SmartJay, Here are the parts you will want to get from Carlos in order to make everything work. 1) Auto Climate Control Unit with green clip and wires hanging off the back. 2) Outside air ambient temp sensor (just have him unclip the sensor right under the hood in front of the radiator, your car already has the wiring for it, mine did on the 95 L) 3) Heater Core temp sensor (it has 2 orange wires coming off of it, and also get the little metal clip that goes with it) 4) sunlight sensor up by the window in middle of dash 5) mode control motor above the gas pedal, you will not be able to use the one in your car.

Those are the only 5 things you will need, your car has everything else in it that the system needs. You do not need to get a different wiring harness, all you do is just add wires along side your existing harness with tape or zip ties. Once you have everything you need, then I can assist you in the wiring, I can get you the exact info on what color coded wires go where. I can email you that info when you are ready.

Also, if you would like, I can email you pictures of the sensors you will need that I took during my installation to give you an idea of what they look like and where they are located.
Wow, I didn't know that you needed all those parts in order to do the mod. Can you please take pictures of the parts that I need to remove from the car. That way if the winner of the auction does want to do the mods than I can get the parts to them. Thanks Rieger. I'll try and take the parts off this week. Hopefully before the auction is over.

Here are a few more things that I put up for auction..

PIONEER DEH-P740MP

PIONEER TS-A6969 Speakers

Thanks for all your help guys.
 

· AKA Smartjay28
Joined
·
5,720 Posts
RiegerSC said:
SmartJay, Here are the parts you will want to get from Carlos in order to make everything work. 1) Auto Climate Control Unit with green clip and wires hanging off the back. 2) Outside air ambient temp sensor (just have him unclip the sensor right under the hood in front of the radiator, your car already has the wiring for it, mine did on the 95 L) 3) Heater Core temp sensor (it has 2 orange wires coming off of it, and also get the little metal clip that goes with it) 4) sunlight sensor up by the window in middle of dash 5) mode control motor above the gas pedal, you will not be able to use the one in your car.

Those are the only 5 things you will need, your car has everything else in it that the system needs. You do not need to get a different wiring harness, all you do is just add wires along side your existing harness with tape or zip ties. Once you have everything you need, then I can assist you in the wiring, I can get you the exact info on what color coded wires go where. I can email you that info when you are ready.

Also, if you would like, I can email you pictures of the sensors you will need that I took during my installation to give you an idea of what they look like and where they are located.
thank you
 

· Fre OG
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Hey carlos_cet do you still have the remus exhuast?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shaylord said:
Hey carlos_cet do you still have the remus exhuast?
Yes, I still have it. I am going to be putting it on e-bay, probably the week after Thanksgiving. I'll update you and let you know. I would like to just sell it to you but I really need to try and get the most that I can for it. So everything is going to be sold through e-bay. Thanks.
 

· Fre OG
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
g/d well if I do buy it from you can I skip the shipping and pick it up? I really need an exhuast my stock one rotted out and I had to put a cheap one from autozone on because at the time I didnt have the money to get a remus, I dont have a debit card or credit card or anything so I can ebay I keep all my money in my safe, I would drive down this weekend with 350 also I might be interested in a lot of other parts because my mom got a sedan that she is driving for like a year then it becomes mine but i really need the exhuast asap let me know what u r looking for it I would really appericate it man I would also be interested inthe konis and kms bar I might be interested in buying just everyhting you have I know u were looking for 1500 for it be4 I would be willing to come close to this
 

· Fre OG
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
well i want to buy it so that another legend doesnt have to and atleast one of our two can be brought back fro mthe dead :D
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top