Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have a saftety test. The current problem for my car is the brakes are a bit worn and the transmission is acting a bit wired and who knows what else what problem i may have apart from those two. So i have three questions:

1. What do they look for in these tests?
2. Is it bad to do the emission test during the winter becasese more smoke comes out
3. Is it posible to find a mechanic that will just pass me if i pay them?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
PSA said:
In Afganistan no one gives a damb about about the emissions, the smoke is water, and if you pay enough anything is possible.
Huh? :confused:

Doing the emissions test in the winter will not make a difference. They are testing for pollutants in the emissions, and not whether there is more "smoke" or not. I have heard of mechanics who pass if paid enough, though I live in CA where safety tests are unheard of. Good Luck. :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i thought too that it does not make a difference winter or not. thanks for the input Anymore feedback would be helpful aswell

·
Registered
155 Posts
It does make a difference-- if you car isn't warmed up when you do the test. Just make sure its up to normal operating temp when you test it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The safety test, here in Canada anyways, will look for rust holes into the pass. compartment, exhaust leaks, brakes, tires, seatbelts, suspension components, glass cracks, e-brake, steering components,etc... Pretty in depth...

The emissions will be looking for CO (Carbon Monoxide), NOx (Oxides of Nitrogen) and HC (Hyrdo-Carbons or unbunt gas), One way of HELPING to pass emissions is to do a COMPLETE tune-up and run some fuel injector and emissions system cleaners through a couple of times ( they just get added to the gas when you fill up). Check for any vaccuum hose leaks as these will increase emissions... You can use some carb. cleaner to spray around the intake to see if the idle fluctuates and listen to all the vaccuum hoses for leaks (you could spray them too, but watch out not to get any on the paint !!!)

You could probably find someone to bribe, but you could get caught or the guy could turn you in for trying to bribe !!
Good luck

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for helping me out i got a good idea what i'm going for now, as for paying someone to pass you i heard that it can cost a lot of mney because of the risk involved damn government :-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts