Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY PEOPLE,

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT........I JUST BOUGHT A
PIONEER AVM-8000 AND A PIONEER INDASH TV. IM PLANNING TO PICKUP A DVD PLAYER FOR MY CAR. BUT ON THE PIONEER MASTER UNIT THERE IS A SAFETY THING WHERE THE UNIT WILL NOT LET ME WATCH DVDS WHILE DRIVING.

QUESTION, HOW DO I GET AROUND THAT?????

THANKS

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
that is retarded bc if u cant watch, dat means ur passengers cant watch either............so then what is the point of having DVD in ur car if nobody can watch while the car is driving??? what are u supposed to do, only watch when ur car is parked?? whats the point then, u cud jus watch at home..............maybe u shud jus call da company or where u got it from and they can tell u how to turn that retarded feature off.......................

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
they have kits that'll bypass the safety.
i think it's basically 2 relays that simulate the brake and the e-brake being engaged.
i saw the kits on ebay. just do a search for "alpine cva". even though you have a pioneer i think the concept is the same.

-j

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
lilboi tony said:
i think theres a wire that'll connect to the ignition or something, just try to find it and snip it. Never worked with tv's and dvd's just a suggestion.
no, you'll need that to power up the unit. that's a wire that connects to the ACC power so it'll switch over the relay to turn the unit on.
-j

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
On my clarion indash the wire that wasfor the ebrake safety I just grounded to a normal screw and it works just fine while im driving

·
Registered
191 Posts
The law is that u can't watch tv while driving, but all you gotta do is get a brake bypass switch and you're set to go. Try any car audio shop.

-GR

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yeah its against the law here in cali to activate the TV monitor. Hmmm I wonder why they made that stupid law......::::sarcasm::::
Additional monitors i.e. head rest and over head intalls, will work of course.

Let me ask you all with TV's indash who have bypassed the safety feature, do you really think its being responsible to watch a movie while you're driving I mean really all it takes for someone to hit their breaks the moment you decide to look down at your favorite part of the movie or some child to dash out in front of your car after a ball, the ball usually comes first then the child, its the ball you may have miss not knowing a child coming out after it, you get what I'm saying, its a little different then just pushing buttons on or incerting a disc in a cd player, movies command much more of your attention then anything else especially in a car. I personally feel that indash monitors should not even be capable of playing movies. Most people can't drive as it is, all you need is for someone to rear end your Legend cause they were busy watching their favorite part of a movie.

I'm not directing this to anyone specifically in this thread, just food for thought.
but to you guys I'm am saying be careful and not to underestimate the power of distaction.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
What you say is true. I bypassed mine, but I don't watch the monitor while driving. Like what was mentioned above earlier, sometimes the passanger wants to watch something, or view something. On the Alpine, many of the decks features are also locked out unless you bypass the screen lock out, so when you or someone wants to change something on the deck, you would have to park the car. These are some features that normal decks can do normally. In reality, I believe almost no one actaully watches anything on their monitors while driving.

Also, I am installing a rear back up camera, and also a front mounted camera in my car, so I kind of need to be able to view the monitor while moving in reverse, or it will defeat the purpose :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts