Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Local EMT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I recently purchased Sirius Radio, and instead of paying my local mobile music franchise 81 buckaroos I decided to install it myself. It is very simple after looking at all of the instructions, and since I know how to take out my radio, and mess with the plug-ins in the back, I'm fairly confident.

My only problem is getting the Antenna wire from the back window's molding, into my trunk without it being up against sharp metal.
Knowing that problem, I decided to move on, and see if I could do any more of the work, and come back to the hard metal issue.

So, moving on, I decided to get the wire from the trunk, into the cab so I could run it along the floor molding. Well, It just so happens that in all of the years of me owning my legend, the back seats don't fold down! Furthermore, I couldn't find a gap that I could put the antenna wire through, to put it in the cab. So, I got out of my trunk said :wtf: and gave up.

I'm hoping that you gents/ladies know a better way to get the antenna into the cab to plug in.

Only thing I can think of is lifting off the back seat.... Which I don't want to do.

·
has left.
4,520 Posts
The bottom of the back seat pulls off with nothing but two clips in the front of the cushion (then lift the front up and pull the whole cushion forward toward the front seats).

Once that's done, the upper part of the back seat comes out by unbolting the 2 bolts on the floor steel with metal loops behind them, and 2 10mm bolts in the little pockets behind the head rests. Then lift the rear of the seat straight UP (toward the roof) and it'll pop free (takes some umph the first time until you're used to it and have seen how it works.)

Seriously, 15 minutes and that whole seat it out... from there, you should be able to poke something threw the trunk carpetting and get it run the way you'd like.

·
Registered
46 Posts
you could easily install the antenna (round and has magnet on bottom) on the top of your car between the windshield and moonroof.. run the excess cable under the rubber seal (lift it with a flat tool) that runs against your windshield, then guide the wire into your car along the driver side panel.. i have this install on my altima

you do not need to put the antenna in the back/trunk area of your car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.