Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I vaguely heard of the 3M invisible bra. Can anyone enlighten me on its quality, and where it may be purchased and price?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
My buddies dad got one put on his beemer. It only goes around the nose of the car, and its like a very thin peice of rubber/plastic material. It is clear but you can see it up close. Worth every penny in my opinion... I think it was about $200-$300 CDN at Zeibart, the car accesory store.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
.... How's it look? anyone have pictures? Never heard of this before
LegendGS has it on his GS, speak up Graeme! :)

or you could just save some money and get a sport bra for $40 like I did, I think it looks good.

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
I heard about it. I once found a bronchure about it at my acura dealership. It also goes by the name of "Stoneguard" It is basically a clear thin film of resistant plastic applied over areas of the car prone to being hit by rock fragments which are the front fender, hood, head and fog lights and the lower ends next to the sideskirts. Instead of writing too much about it, go to this link Invicible Bra.
There are pictures of the bra installed on a Mustang. I believe most shops that do window tinting also do the installation...

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
WhiteLegend said:

LegendGS has it on his GS, speak up Graeme! :)

or you could just save some money and get a sport bra for $40 like I did, I think it looks good.
Well, some of us just don't like the way bra's look on cars. By my opinion, it gives the impression of buying a candy and eating it with the wrapper on. Legends have beautiful front ends and I guess it is everyone's wish to show it off the rest of the world. Sports bra's are only practical if you are about to make a long trip on the freeway....
Here is a quote from this link Invicible Bra about the old style bras
The old style bra has several problems: dust/dirt getting underneath which causes a sanding effect (you have to clean the bra fairly often), water getting underneath and rotting the paint (you have to take it off and dry it when it rains), salt/rocks hitting the car during snow season, and just plain looking like it doesn't belong on the car. Old style bras are more padded, so they can take hits from larger rocks.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
AzLSCoupe

That's exactly how I feel, sure I don't like my baby getting hit by small rocks, but I VERY MUCH prefer the look without one. The Legend's front is just too beautiful to cover up. This Clear thing is very interesting....

LegendGS has it on his car?? You sure? I didn't detect it on the pictures he posted of it...

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
Well that is what WhiteLegend is saying . Maybe LegendGS should be able to shed some light on the Invicible Bra if he has it on his ride.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
AzLSCoupe

That's exactly how I feel, sure I don't like my baby getting hit by small rocks, but I VERY MUCH prefer the look without one. The Legend's front is just too beautiful to cover up. This Clear thing is very interesting....

LegendGS has it on his car?? You sure? I didn't detect it on the pictures he posted of it...
That's the whole point about a "invisible bra" right?:p

·
Registered
847 Posts
ehh... no.... I don't believe Graeme would put anything like that on his car....

I've been to his place several times and have seen him several times on the street, but never seen him using that invisible bra...

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
claus44 said:
ehh... no.... I don't believe Graeme would put anything like that on his car....

I've been to his place several times and have seen him several times on the street, but never seen him using that invisible bra...
hmm...I swear I saw him post it on the old forums once, maybe I'm losing my mind at 4:30am. Oh well, I know someone has it, speak up:D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I figure, it's going to look like if you put a huge piece of transparent tape on it right?

Not sure how well that would look on the Legend, at least from relatively close range, I'm sure you'd be able to tell.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Over a yr ago someone posted a source for the invisible paint protector. The company did not have a Legend specific kit, but would sell the material.

There is a headlamp/sidelamp impact kit using 3M plastic which used to retail for around $30.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Hehehe... :D Nope. Don't got one. Was planning on getting one, but didn't/haven't.

EK has it. Not sure if he put it on his Legend, but he does have it on his Accord.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
LegendGS is correct. I first put it on the Accord, then the Legend.

I have a pic of it on the Legend, but I have to scan it.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Here it is. I bought some bulk rolls of the 3M clear bra. I forgot from where, but it's online. $9 per square foot. I bought 13 feet total, for 2 cars worth. I put it on the front of the hood, over the grill, on the foglight covers, and on the front of the bumper near the license plate.

I did the same for the Accord.

I had to cut things myself. When you put it on, you have to use a spray bottle with distilled water and alcohol, then I used a credit card to get the air bubbles out. I used surgical blades/scalpel to trim the edges (helps to be a med student).

It has really helped. I had my hood, grill, bumper, and front spoiler repainted due to 10 years of road chips, especially on the 605 and 60 going to Riverside. So I'm not planning on repainting it again. It has saved my paint. Some parts where I didn't cover have chips already.

The pic is kinda big, but detail is important for this.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Nice! Virtually undetectable, do you think it would show more or less on a White Legend?

I'm going to consider getting this done, how do you deal with washing the car, waxing, and such? Does it start to peel off over time?

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
It shows less on a white car. My Accord is white.

Washing, waxing, etc...no problemo. I've had it on the Accord for a year now. No pealing or any other problem And this is with a year of central Illinois crap weather (70 degrees one day, -7 the next, rain, snow, sleet, tornados, frogs falling from the sky, locusts).

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Sold, if you remember where I can order the same stuff like you did let me know. Sounds like something I definately want to do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts