Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a fun day, me and my friend went out to Clovis today in his for taurus, as we went to his Ford Dealer to make his monthly car paymet what do we see in the lot a beutiful white Saleen Mustang, S281 I think, man that car looked fast. Then when we get to Clovis we see Another super mustang, a nice Cobra, sweeet. Then we go past a dealership and see my favorite of all American Iron the Dodge Viper GTS, we went in and checked it out, it was not for sale, it was the dealers personal car (Lucky SOB mutha...). wow 3 of the most awesome cars on the road today. then as we are going home my frenz car starts overheating like crazy, crap radiator blew. well we still had 40 miles to go, well we nursed it back home and about 2 miles out it died, didnt blow just quit, so we coasted for about a mile and then restarted it, by this time the suckers knocking like a machinegun and we barely make it over the last hill and it quits again. We get to our local McStop and get oil for the beast, and as we start it up again it promptly goes out the tailpipe in a nice cloud of smoke ahhh what a fun day.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I wouldn't call a Mustang Cobra a supercar.
Sounds like you had some fun in the Ford though :cool: .

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
NickD said:
Saleen Stangs are a work of art and the Viper GTS's are sweet ass cars :)

Sounds like your buddy spun all his bearings in his Ford Clitourass :)
LOL:D Man..... I can personally attest to the Taurus being the biggest peice of crap on the road. My first car was an 88 taurus. 4cylinder so it was really gutless. It went through 1L of oil every 2 days. Did not leak it, and did not burn it. Had serious valve knocking, rusted right out, and blah blah blah. The worst thing about it though was that it would stall out whenever the engine was hot. Every light, it would stall.... when I was taking it around for people to see, the second I would stop to meet up with them, it would stall:rolleyes: A piece of crap for sure:eek:

Sounds like you had a cool day though.... I saw a black RT10 viper on the weekend too, and he did a little smoke show for me, and I almost wet myself:D . Sweet carz for sure;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
sounds like fun...:)

there is an exotic car dealership a mile away here in Pittsburgh, and its becoming boring to see them ...heheheh

though the other day I saw this really really really nice mercedes e class sedan, it ws lowered a lot anhd had a body kit an rims, so i was like, wow, that looks like fun, next thing I know, the thing let out this awesome rumble, sped past me going the other way when the light turned green, and when it go right past me, I swore the driver SHIFTED to second...like a stop of engine noise, a lurch, and then engine noise again...

I was like WTF???!!! looked in the rear view mirror in time to see the letters, RENNTECH and some letters and the numbers 7.4...

didnt car and driver test a 7.4 l v-12 e class that did soeting like 230 mph a while back???!!

b

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
flashdragoon said:
Today was a fun day, me and my friend went out to Clovis today in his for taurus, as we went to his Ford Dealer to make his monthly car paymet what do we see in the lot a beutiful white Saleen Mustang, S281 I think, man that car looked fast. Then when we get to Clovis we see Another super mustang, a nice Cobra, sweeet. Then we go past a dealership and see my favorite of all American Iron the Dodge Viper GTS, we went in and checked it out, it was not for sale, it was the dealers personal car (Lucky SOB mutha...). wow 3 of the most awesome cars on the road today. then as we are going home my frenz car starts overheating like crazy, crap radiator blew. well we still had 40 miles to go, well we nursed it back home and about 2 miles out it died, didnt blow just quit, so we coasted for about a mile and then restarted it, by this time the suckers knocking like a machinegun and we barely make it over the last hill and it quits again. We get to our local McStop and get oil for the beast, and as we start it up again it promptly goes out the tailpipe in a nice cloud of smoke ahhh what a fun day.
You better be careful in Clovis, those good ole boys don't play. LOL :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well I'm taller

I'm cooler!! I saw a Diablo 4 other random Ferraris and some lucky a$$holes RUF just a half hour ago.

I work about a 2 miles from a supercar maintainence and repair shop so I see this stuff every day. But I haven't seen a Pinto in years :D

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
better watch out if a pinto revs you, 4 cyl performance comin to town :D on the other hand I have seen a 11.2 sec qm time from a pinto so I dont hate

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
flashdragoon said:
better watch out if a pinto revs you, 4 cyl performance comin to town :D on the other hand I have seen a 11.2 sec qm time from a pinto so I dont hate
Man, my parents had a Pinto, actually a Mercury Bobcat, the upscale Pinto (painted 2 tone), it was a 4speed manual and enough power to maintain 65mph uphill on a highway... no joking. All out floored it could maintain a solid 65mph. Probably could hit 75 uphill as well with no passengers in the car. What a POS that thing was. Feel sorry for my friends sister whome my parents sold the car to.... LOL! I unfortuntly vividly remember that POS.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
about that Renntech

went snooping around for renntech performance numbers, found some intersting things, I dont know about 230 mph but the Renn EV12 will go 0-60 in 3.9 quarter in 12.1 and tops out at 185, but it also costs 300,000.00+ hehe could buy a lot with 300k :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
I actually got to drive a version of that e class at the Renntech demo they had in so cali. They brought down a renntech clk 6.7, c class, and a tricked out cl. The e class was only a 6.7L but they let you drive it through a slalom. A very fun day indeed. Can't wait to goto the one for the bmw M cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.