Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i was watchin this show with the craziest police chases, robberies etc, and I saw a Canterbury Green Sedan running from the cops. They said the chase took over an hour, and in addition to cops, good samaritans had to help stop it. It was rammed about 10 times (from what i counted) before the driver had to abandon it and resume on foot. Legends Never Die! But don't put yourself in that situation, lol.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I saw one on Protect and Serve Last night on TLC too....

A cop had pulled over a white G2 sedan, and as he was looking in the window to give the guy his ticket or talk to him, then some drunk hick in a truck cruised by and smoked the cop with the mirror. IT shattered into a hundred pieces over his back and he wobbled around doing the dance for a few minutes. I thought it was pretty funny, but **** that would have hurt!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
DSMKiller said:
Last night i was watchin this show with the craziest police chases, robberies etc, and I saw a Canterbury Green Sedan running from the cops. They said the chase took over an hour, and in addition to cops, good samaritans had to help stop it. It was rammed about 10 times (from what i counted) before the driver had to abandon it and resume on foot. Legends Never Die! But don't put yourself in that situation, lol.
Ya, did he finally drive up on a curb/median with grass and then get out? Man, he was a really nerdy white guy...He looked so stupid running from them...Haha..

·
Registered
702 Posts
haha, I remember seeing that one. It was a nice looking sedan too, nice color, and it was kinda sad seeing it get rammed and nerdy guy ran out in the median and had nowhere to go. what a waste of a nice car...

but look at it this way, you know this car probably ended up with an insurance company that sold it to a dealer at an auction for real cheap, and dealer fixed car body damage a bit, and sold it for a lot more to some unsuspecting buyer, not knowing that the car they just bought had been on tv in a police chase and had gotten rammed a bunch of times! :rolleyes:

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup that's the episode, there was one point where two police cars had to sandwich it to slow it down, you just can't hold a legend down can ya? lol :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
DSMKiller said:
yup that's the episode, there was one point where two police cars had to sandwich it to slow it down, you just can't hold a legend down can ya? lol :)
yeah, but to me the chase looked kinda pathetic because the guy could've done more with the car than he did...could've gone faster, made some smarter choices...and i have no idea where people ever came up with the idea that if they are being chased by fifteen police cars and a helicopter, that they can simply stop the car and run out and escape.

i've seen several police chases on tv i really liked...one was a guy in a pickup going real fast with a couple of cops on him and at the last possible second took an exit at like 90 mph and caught the cops off guard and were not able to take the exit in time, so they called off the chase. the second was a convertible with like kilo's of coke in the trunk who made it to the border of mexico, and simply jumped the fence, and walked away after that since police couldn't cross border.

and best i've seen in person got to be on route 66, rush hour trafffic, motorcycle flying at 100+ on shoulder with two metro transit cops "trying" to keep up on the shoulder in their huge crown vic's and i know there is no way they could have caught him.

i say for anybody who plan on running from cops some day, have a nice solid plan set up...like possibly know exactly where you are going to stop, jump in a sewer or something like that that would take the cops a minute to find you, and have another car waiting at wherever you exit from the sewer so by the time the cops catch up they have no clue where you went! :D

haha, or maybe i'm just crazy, but i think people who run from cops could do better! :D

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DaTimez420 said:

i've seen several police chases on tv i really liked...one was a guy in a pickup going real fast with a couple of cops on him and at the last possible second took an exit at like 90 mph and caught the cops off guard and were not able to take the exit in time, so they called off the chase.
yea that was part of the same episode, they were saying that not all chases can be pursued, and that several factors have to be considered before continuing, such as safety of civilians and officers etc, and that truck just did the right thing at the right time when the police couldn't risk catching up. that guy had some balls, lol

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I saw both of those........About three years ago a guy stole a white Legend out of Florida and was chased all the way to hwy 231westbound in Alabama (which is near the mid Alabama point) before he decided to go deer chasing (ran off the road into a woody area) Amazingly he survived. But his car......... :rolleyes: .I lived about 15minutes from the scene then (in Troy,Al.) and my former mechanic pulled (hauled) it in. I'm still amazed he survived that.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yah...

I remember seeing that. I was like "Wow, Legends are good get away cars." But the car running was a G2 not a G1 like I have so it doesn't really show me what my car could have done. Anyone ever seen a car chase with a G1?

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
I also caught it last night and it just seemed to me like the guy didnt know how much power and speed the Legend has because it looked like a slow police chase. But I just felt sorry for the Legend and it was funny how the guy hit the pole and bent it when he bust his a$$. :D :D

G

·
i saw that one before...he put up a good fight there
watched it before(before i got the legend) and just a while ago i saw it again noticed that it was a legend!

·
Registered
143 Posts
best one ever...

i think my absolute favourite (aside from the imfamous tank) was when this cop had pulled over a crotch rocket with no tags... he waited until the cop had walked up to the side of the bike, and he -flew- off into moderate traffic. the cop goes scrambling back to the car, but by then the guys is long gone...

·
Registered
702 Posts
no doubt, the tank has to be the craziest one ever...that guy had the police confused and they didn't know what to do about it...except he got stupid and tried to ram through or go over a center divider on a highway...luckily for the people on the other side of the highway he didn't make it across, else they would've been crushed!

i remember this other one i saw one time, a stolen porsche, was going over 140mph on the highway and outran all the police cars and also the helicopter couldn't keep up...until the guy stupidly turned off at an exit soon afterwards and they caught up with him again, then he bailed out...stupid! had he continued down the freeway like he had been going, he would've been gone!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts