Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I was driving around today and I happened to drive by a white legend coupe, except none of the mouldings, door handles, or side mirrors were painted. Is this what an L is like, or is this just some freak Legend that made it out of the factory without all that stuff painted?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Uhh, what? I have definetly never seen a Legend without painted door handles! Did the mirrors look OE, or could they have been some sort of replacement? I know some of the older L models had the black (instead of painted) moldings, but I have never seen a Legend without at least the doorhandles painted!

Weird! :confused:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
HAHAHA you were looking at the base model legend. If you looked closer, you'll also notice there's no sun roof or wood trim, or fake wood. Leather optional, but cloth standard and what else? I dunno. :D --=Keith

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
yup, definitly a 91-92 base model. It came with absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
447 Posts
wow.. no sunroof? the first gens had the sunroof in the base model.. thought it was in the 2nd gens too... wow..

·
Registered
368 Posts
hey i think we had a base model but everything was indeed painted and it didnt have the balack trim and it did have a sunroof

cloth seats but it had a bose system

could it be an l maybee? i coulda swore it was a bse model. but it was 10 years ago

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I think that was an L..... Any way, I think of the Legend Base model as a bigger V6 Accord LX at the time :D --=Keith

·
Registered
476 Posts
There was a Legend base model? I have never seen one mentioned in a Nada or Kelly book or seen the specs for repair... No sunroof, leather, or even painted mirrors?! WEIRRRRD! Doesn't sound like a Legend at all! Probably good they didnt produce many...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
HAHAHA :D Think of it as a Accord DX... not to many around, but they're around..... Same goes with the accord, no painted mirrors,moldings, or door handles! :D Even the antenne is manual..... Funny stuff man --=Keith

·
Registered
368 Posts
hahhaha acord dx, what a waste. they start at 15.5 and come stripped lol
you could by two nice legends for that price :D :D :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Perhaps for fleet use? Otherwise makes no sense to me... The Legend was Honda's biggest sedan in a time when they still had econocar brand status.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
jason520 said:
Perhaps for fleet use? Otherwise makes no sense to me... The Legend was Honda's biggest sedan in a time when they still had econocar brand status.
There are a few base model Legends running around where I live. I think it was just another option they offered, and since they dropped it it probably wasn't doing very well.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I ran into a couple of base model legends last year when I was shopping around. When I asked the sellers what the trim level was they said they didn't know but the car had cloth seats. I said thanks anyway when I heard that. No offense to base model owners, but I was hunting for a GS. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think I have a base model Legend. It's a 1993 sedan. Side mouldings, door handles, even mirros aren't painted. Also no sunroof and cloth. Otherwise, I have an automatic antenna, L audio (non-bose), and all the other stuff. I'm looking to buy a coupe end of the summer. My legend, even though it is a base model, was bought new by my mom and it is in great shape, so with some $$$ from this summer I want a coupe or a nicer sedan.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
otterizer said:
man..I gotta keep track of what legends to look for..I'll add this to my list of "avoid." :)

gotta have leather..gotta have leather...
lol.....say that now, but wait til it's 100 degrees out, and your legend has been sitting in the supermarket parking lot for 1 hr or 2. You get in your car and sit down, all you hear is sizzling, it's the sound of freshly grilled leg meat. I doubt you'll be screaming on the top of your lungs "gotta have leather....gotta have leather":p

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Do I sense Jealousy White Legend? :p I park my car in a Underground Garage at Gelson's :D --=Keith

1 - 20 of 20 Posts