Acura Legend Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
I dont really like em.. They kind of look cheap, maybe if they were a little smaller and slimmer rather than a square then they would look sick.. I think the rear bumper small red lights look sicker than those!

· Registered
638 Posts
They were a factory option on the Legened. I added them on my 95 Coupe.. They came standard on my 03 Caddy.. See my sig.. They really do help.. My tint on the coupe is very very very dark.. When I make turns, the cornering light light up and help me see the curb, or median so that I dont hit it or run over it... In my dating days I would use them to illuminate inside of womens cars that drive on the side of me... I bought them about 5 or 6 years ago from an online OEM parts dealer..

· Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Blue_Raspberry said:
I like how the cornering lights look on dark colored Legends (ie: Fut's and Ack-Crawler's legends)

....not too fond of em on light colored Legends though :(
i fully agree. i think they would look great on the green and black. but not on anything else. well... i think they look good on the silver as an exception....

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
ack how hard were they to install? and wire up? is there interior buttons for them?

· Registered
638 Posts
Shaylord said:
ack how hard were they to install? and wire up? is there interior buttons for them?
I didn't install them, I had them installed.. It was a straight forward install though. It came with step by step instructions. They also came with a templates that you tape on to the bumper then cut out for holes that the lights would be mounted in.. There is no switch, they work off of your turn signal switch.. The lights came with some sort of adapter that you plug the signal lights into and the cornering lights into.. Didn't have to run any kind of power, it all pretty much spliced into the turn signals using the adapter..

· Registered
3,994 Posts
Anyone know if I can mod a set and put HIDs in them ?

Oh and morbo, Homer spells comman as c o m m o n ( or did I miss the joke?)
The Internet wasn't designed for ridicule. It was invented so researchers could share comman data sets at University. It was I tell you.........it was. --Homer Simpson

Just keeping it real in the TO

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Ack-Crawler said:
I didn't install them, I had them installed.. It was a straight forward install though. It came with step by step instructions. They also came with a templates that you tape on to the bumper then cut out for holes that the lights would be mounted in.. There is no switch, they work off of your turn signal switch.. The lights came with some sort of adapter that you plug the signal lights into and the cornering lights into.. Didn't have to run any kind of power, it all pretty much spliced into the turn signals using the adapter..
Where did you get them threw?

· Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
Shaylord said:
Where did you get them threw?
dealership

Ack-Crawler said:
I bought them about 5 or 6 years ago from an online OEM parts dealer..
its going to cost about $200

and stu... putting HIDs into the cornering lamp isnt the greatest thing to do...

you're going to spend $200-300 just for the hid bulb and ballast..

and HID bulbs have a startup time.... it takes about 30 seconds or more for it to reach normal temp and color....

since these cornering bulbs only come on when you turn.... it wouldnt be really usefull

especially if you make alot of turns like in the city... the bulbs will get damaged from being turned on and off all the time...

thats why HIDs for high beams arent recommended either...

· Registered
3,994 Posts
bl420 said:
and stu... putting HIDs into the cornering lamp isnt the greatest thing to do...
I was honestly joking ! but cornering lights are really nice in the city. They are not bright, but when you are turning slowly (slowly!), they do put down some nice light in the direction you are turning towards. One day they will be like center brake lights .... standard equipment !

Daytime running lights save lives too, thats why they are not required in the USA !

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.