Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the bet way to find out the address of someone that scammed me from this board?

I am not going to go into details yet in hopes to get this matter resolved in an adult professional matter.

Long story short, made a payment to someone on the forums for some parts via paypal and have not recieved them yet, 25 days later.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I am sure there is a disclaimer somewhere on the board about a-l.com not being responsible. What I would do is get his paypal information... get the city he was in, call their local authorities and file a report....all the way to getting a PI to look up information in his area. HTH

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
yea, more than likely the mods here WON'T give you his address or anything...the most they'll do is help you get in contact with him, but yea there is a disclaimer:

"Anyone choosing to conduct any sort of transaction with another member on A-L.COM does so at their own risk and expense."

so basically if you still cant get in touch with him or cant get your money back through PayPal, you're screwed :(

sorry man...this stuff happens :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sucks

All I want are the items I paid for and am in hopes that after this person reads this this will ship the parts as promised.

It's amazing that a person with over 1400 post would do that to a fellow member? I'm not an advocate of violence nor think it will help get the parts back.

If this person doesn't want to ship the parts then send me back the money that is rightfully mine.

I'll give it another week and then will post the forum members screen name and birth name. I've been able to obtain his home address and am ready to pursue this further not for the money but for the principle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
post count

That is exactly why I am bringing this matter to light, I know the seller is reading this post and you know who you are.

Be a responsible adult and either send the payment back to me via paypal or ship out the items I paid you for.

What are the names of the Mods that I can contact to help me resolve this matter.

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Scammed

If it is'nt resolved..............

Post up their username so we all know who it is and will not do any business with them in the future. Most on this forum are pretty safe to deal with but there is always the bad apple. :mad:

:2cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
screen name

I've sent this individual another email this morning expressing my concerns. If I do not get a response back by tomorrow afternoon then I intend to post his screen name in hopes that a fellow member knows this individual and encourages him to do the right thing. In fact, I've done some research on this board and am certain that there are several members that know this individual and have dealt with him in a positive light.

I'm trying my best to wrap this up in a professional and positive matter in hopes to get help from fellow members need be.

Thanks again

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
If it's who I think you're talking about, he's been going through some bad times lately. But he's a good guy, I would expect nothing less than for him to make things right.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wouldn't wait another week to try to get your money back, however, I would suggest holding off on posting the user's name...

Paypal allows you to dispute a Paypal payment - but the limitation is 30 days (and it's not always guaranteed to get your money back)...
Read more about it here:
Buyer / Seller doesn't respond to E-mail
Seller Contact Info
Buyer Complaint Process
Canceling Sent Payments

Even if said user is not trying to scam you, I would NOT suggest waiting till Paypal cannot help you with their policies...
You can also visit their FAQ section here: https://www.paypal.com/help

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Possible resolution.

I just want to let everyone know that I did receive a email from the seller stating the item would be shipped today and a tracking number provided. I will hold him to his word to me and hopefully this matter will be resolved without having to drag anyone's name thru the Dirt.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.