Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY dog jumped on my vehicle yesterday and scratched the driver's door! He didn't dig into the paint, but there are 6 scratches (3 per paw) there now. Can I buff them out? If so, how? What do I need to do? Help!! :(

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
use meguiars scratch remover. it does a great job on surface scratches.

·
Registered
275 Posts
kino1161 said:
MY dog jumped on my vehicle yesterday and scratched the driver's door! He didn't dig into the paint, but there are 6 scratches (3 per paw) there now. Can I buff them out? If so, how? What do I need to do? Help!! :(
As suggested Meguiars is good. I also like 3M's scratch remover. Just becareful with whatever you use or you could end up adding more scratches.

·
Registered
996 Posts
aiznpride said:
before doing that, i would use a good rubbing compound. then use the sratch remover with a buffer.
-j
Be careful with rubbing compound ... they can take off clearcoat REALLY quick. If you start getting colour on your rag, you're screwed!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Hey what about all those black scuff marks thats on my rear bumper from bad parallel parkers tapping me, wax took out some but not all, should I do what was suggested and use the rubbing compound?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
for these i suggest the 3M spray with a cheese cloth.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Cool thanks, now if I go into Pepe Boys asking for a cheese cloth they wont laugh and send send me to the dairy section at my local grocery store will they? Is this the technical term for this cloth and the 3M spray is it a scratch remover spray, what I mean is that what I can expect to read on the can?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
sorry, i can't remember exactly what the can says cause mine is gone, but you will know whwn you see it. it's good for removing paint and clear coat...JUST KIDDING:D

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
kino1161 said:
He didn't dig into the paint, but there are 6 scratches (3 per paw) there now.
3 per paw...haha...Sorry, that just sounded funny to me...Ya, someone lightly brushed my drivers door and put a foot long scratch on it recently..:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.