Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal you guys. The last meet was very unorganized and I'm going to try to get a killer one going for Hot Imports Night on April 13th. You can go online and buy your tickets at http://www.hotimportnights.com/. The line at HIN will be huge and none of you guys will want to wait in line even for the $3 discount that I think you can get with one of those little flyers. I'm thinking that the Eastside guys could meet up at Azteca in Downtown Bellevue, like usual. And then you Seattle guys could find a meeting spot. We should then all drive to somewhere that there is a huge parking lot that we can all get into and have plenty of space. Anybody have any ideas? I'm not sure what time we should meet either, any suggestions here as well? We definitely should all go eat somewhere together, I'm thinking maybe like mexican food or something :D. Let's try to get everything planned here and then I'll send word to everybody on my mailing list that KennyG gave me. Also, if you think for any reason that you may not be on the list make sure to post your email addy so that I can get in touch with you. Let's make this happen you guys and hope for good weather ;).

·
Registered
175 Posts
i'm down

mexican food sounds good. i'm up north. i wouldn't mind meeting in bellevue or seattle. i couldn't make it to the last meet cuz my car was in the shop. oh well. but my rides' good now. just got the JDM's installed. here's my email in case u don't have it already:
[email protected]
lata

·
Registered
863 Posts
Aaron... youre a pimp dude! I cant wait to get this thing on the road! Now im commin up from oregon. so this better be awesome! whether rain or shine... right??? This is gonna be freakin awesome... and mexican food sounds grub. we can meet up wherever. My valve gaskets are crazy leaking ( i know its ghetto)... so dont make fun of me alright?! I cant wait! HIN is gonna be rad. So you guys get your Sh!t ready and lets do this!!!

:cool:

[email protected]
[email protected]

·
oLd fArT - yOuNg At HeArT
108 Posts
The big problem is going to be finding a place to meet at. HIN is right downtown Seattle, and there's not gonna be many places to get together where there aren't already hundreds of other peeps going to the HIN show.

Also, downtown Seattle isn't the best place in the whole world to be leavin' yer ride parked for several hours while in the show.

I think this will be a major prob, but I could be wrong. And, no, I don't have any good ideas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What if we all met up on the Eastside then that day.... Like at the S. Kirkland Park and ride or maybe even over in the UW parking lot by the stadium (do you have to pay to get in there?)

When you say that you don't think Seattle is going to be the best place to be leaving our cars during the show do you say that because something may get stolen or because there will be no parking.

If leaving our cars is going to be a huge issue then what if we had the meet during the day and all hopped on a bus, and took that over there. That would be easy, plus we wouldn't have to pay for parking. I actually have never been to HIN, just how busy and huge of an event is it actually?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Either one... i check the 2die4.com more tho... but i gots a nother one too... fuc! im drunk. i cant think. by!

-bryan

·
108 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
When you say that you don't think Seattle is going to be the best place to be leaving our cars during the show do you say that because something may get stolen or because there will be no parking.
Both basically. Ever been to a Mariners or Seahawks game? That's the kind of parking problem you'll run into with HIN. It's not so much of an issue if you're going by yourself, but if you're trying to have 15-25 cars all parked next to each other, well, that's a bit impossible.

I'm sure that the little thieves will be out in force that day, as there will be a lot of hopped up rides down there.

SpeedDemon said:
I actually have never been to HIN, just how busy and huge of an event is it actually?
Huge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what do you guys think of the bus idea.... Plus, it's a safe neighborhood so we wouldn't have to deal with theft. I know that I really really wanted to bring our cars down there, but from the sounds of what Kenny is saying, that may not be possible.

·
Registered
238 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
What if we all met up on the Eastside then that day.... Like at the S. Kirkland Park and ride or maybe even over in the UW parking lot by the stadium (do you have to pay to get in there?)

If leaving our cars is going to be a huge issue then what if we had the meet during the day and all hopped on a bus, and took that over there. That would be easy, plus we wouldn't have to pay for parking. I actually have never been to HIN, just how busy and huge of an event is it actually?
Yeah, Why dont we all meet at the UW parking lot, Its a nice place to get some good pics of everyones rides. As for parking at HIN, There are going to be TONs of people/cars there and as Kenny said, The jackers will be out in force. I dont mind hopping on a bus for a short ride. or taking a cab to get away from all that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Parking

I called down to the Expo center and got the # for the company that manages there parking garage that is adjacent to the expo center. The manager said that there is a possibility of our "Organization" reserving/prepurchasing 20-30 parking stalls next to each other.
The standard rate is $10.00 at the gate. On that night there will be 3 cashiers and 3 attendants. They said the attendants will be helping people find parking slots and roaming the garage(a little theft deterrent).
I think there are a few advantages if we could do this. Nice Legend showing at HIN, another photo opp., some what added piece of mind, And we dont have to worry about getting there early or right on time because we will already have parking stalls(they say it fills up fast and then the reopen it when people start to leave).
Is there interest in this? If so we need to get a head count on who wants in so I can get it to him and we can get this firmed up.

Will

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm totally down with reserving the spots. We just need everyone to start sending me an email then and that way we can figure out just how many people we are going to have. I think that what should happen is we all meet up at UW (last time I was there though it looked like you have to pay to get into the lot, is that how it is). Chill, drive around somewhere. Then go to like Azteca for some good mexican eatin'. After dinner we can roll over to our reserved parking spots :cool:. And then just kick it at HIN. I think that it should make for an awesome meet.

Everybody needs to start marking this day off on their calendars that they can be their. And RSVP here and to me at [email protected]. Next monday, April 1st (no I won't fool around), I will post a list of everyone who has confirmed so far. Then by that Wednesday it would be cool if we could collect the money for parking.

Let's hear the oppinions.

·
108 Posts
You need to send emails out, instead of just posting messages here.
Most people don't come here very often (my guess), if at all.

·
Registered
863 Posts
alright boys / girls(?) im there, hook a spot up for me in this garage that seasick hooked us up with (thanks Will :D ) Im alright with ridding a big ol bus too. im pretty mello, whatevah works for everyone works for me. so count me in. i'll e-mail u aaron and uhh... keep me posted. lets all try to keep this post goin.

(P.S. my e-mail at "2die4.com" isnt workin for some reason. use the [email protected] nsted)

-bryan

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just got off the phone with Mark(manager at the expo center parking). He said that he would
need 1 week to get us the parking passes once he receives the confirmation of the number of spots
needed and payment. The charge for the reserved spots is $12.00 instead of the $10.00 that it will
cost at the door for general parking. He said that we will be provided parking passes and a
reserved section to park in. We will need to wait in line like everyone else but they will have 3
cashiers on that night and it shouldn't be a long wait.

Ok now in regards to how this can go smoothly. If everyone that wants in on this parking deal and
will be there HELL OR HIGH WATER can RSVP with SpeedDemon at
SpeedDemon by next Tuesday April 2nd (to give it enough time spread the word), I
will get Mark(expo parking mngr) the final head count and payment on the 3rd. He said it wont
take him but a week to get them done. so I would have them by the 10th, thats with 2 days to
spare. So on the afternoon of the 13th when we meet at the UW parking lot (FYI:there was no
charge last time we met there) We can take care of the payment then, and I will handout the
parking passes.
Also, When rsvp'ing with SpeedDemon please be sure to note if you want in on the parking,
Because it is nice to know how many Legends to expect at the meet, But it is IMPERATIVE that
we know how many want reserved parking.

Thanks, Will

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just wanted to make sure everyone knows that we are going to be meeting up at 2pm at the UW Stadium lot to the south of the stadium. Later.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i'll be there
2 o'clock
i'll be washin my car in the morn. maybe i should get my tint redone for the occasion...
see y'all there
lata

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just spent a couple hours today buffing my car. It should be looking pretty good come Saturday even though I had to decide not to repaint my front end and side skirts. I just knew that I wouldn't have enough time so I decided that it would look better to just leave it as is until after the meet.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts