Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The security system doesn't seem to work cause when I lock the door the security system light next to the driver's door lock doesn't blink as it is suppose to do. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be and how to fix it.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Has it always not worked or did it used to light up and now it doesn't?

·
Registered
40 Posts
are you sure the security system doesn't work tho? in theory the light just could be out. try locking the car from the outside but leave your window down. then pull up on the lock nub to unlock it. always sets my alarm off

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm.... Maybe I should try out the ideas you just told me. I think I've seen the light once after I reinstalled the stock bose premium radio, but now I see nothing and yes I have the code for the radio.
Thanks for the ideas

·
Toronto Legends
212 Posts
kingston/morningside is all gangster. probably the most dangerous part of town along with jane and finch

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried the thing out today(locking the doors with an open window and then using the inside nub to unlock) and nothing happened. Ihaven't unplugged the battery yet but I will probably do that very soon. Are you sure it will reset the door alarm? I think it worked before I switched back to the bose premium radio, so maybe something went wrong when I did that? Everything was plugged in the right way and there's no trouble with anything else, only the door alarms doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
My alarm won't arm with the windows open, you have to have the windows closed to do it. Try this, sit in the car and have a friend lock you in. Then pull the door lock or pop the hood or trunk. then see if it goes off.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well today I tried disconnecting the battery for almost a minute or so, but it didn't do the trick I've tried having a friend locking the car from the outside while I stayed inside and then unlocked the car from there and nothing happens.
So now I want to know what can cause this error in the alarm system? and how can I repair it?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes I have waited for as long as 1 minut before trying to set it off and still nothing happens. I hoped it was only the indicator light that had a problem but it's the whole security system at the doors, my bose radio have the anti theft light on(flashing) when I turn it off but the indicator in the door and the alarm itself doesn't work.
I'm pretty sure I've seen it flash when I first picked up the car when it arrived in Denmark but I'm not completely sure about that and I'm thinking maybe the previous owner had disconnected the stock alarm but hmmm..... I don't know.

·
Registered
707 Posts
yes I have waited for as long as 1 minut before trying to set it off and still nothing happens. I hoped it was only the indicator light that had a problem but it's the whole security system at the doors, my bose radio have the anti theft light on(flashing) when I turn it off but the indicator in the door and the alarm itself doesn't work.
I'm pretty sure I've seen it flash when I first picked up the car when it arrived in Denmark but I'm not completely sure about that and I'm thinking maybe the previous owner had disconnected the stock alarm but hmmm..... I don't know.
I think the easiest test would be to swap out the alarm control unit(if you have one available). The alarm unit is located under the drivers side dash in the usdm models(should basically be the same), use the online manual(the link a gave you before) to assist you in finding and removing this part.
If it's not the unit It could be something as simple as a lose wire going to the system or a bad "arming switch" such as the one for the hood, trunk, or doors. Normally our alarms will not arm unless everything is closed, so if the system thinks something is still open, due to a bad switch, it will not arm. Good luck

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First of all it is an USDM Legend I've got imported from the US and where is the under hood tap you're talking about?
If the car thinks something is open because of a bad switch then I would be able to see it in my (cluster)warning light, right?

Thanks for the answers

·
Spiral descent
5,004 Posts
The hood switch is in front of the radiator, and you wouldn't be able to see it on your cluster. Also, the radio and the alarm are completely separate. Make sure your trunk and sunroof are closing properly and make sure the wiring to your security module is good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey I'm looking into it.. I have been without the alarm and at this rate of crimes, i'm getting pissed off. I think its something to do with the Security Alarm System. Will let you guys know as soon as I fix it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts