Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the evaporator. I just checked acurapartstore.com and they list three for the 1992 Legend. The first one is $375 and the next two are $262. The picture of the first one looks quite different from the other two, including the location and direction of the fittings.

I called the seller and was told that the first, more expensive one is OEM and that the others might require some adjustment for the fittings.

That sounds odd since they specifically list them for the '91-5 Legend.

Can anybody here direct me to a good deal that should work, or advise whether this one sounds OK?

And what else should I do while up inside the dashboard? Please let me know if I'm missing something on this list:

I'll surely put in another cabin filter ($15 from acurapartstore.com......the one in there is 16 years old.)

I expect I need an expansion valve. ($58 from acurapartstore.com)

And up in the front, of course, another receiver/drier. (choices at $18 and $38)

The guy I spoke with gave me his extension and said if I call back for him he'll give me a discount.

Advice?

·
Registered
966 Posts
I would be a little hesitant to buy anything that "will need some adjustments"
to get it to work. The rest of your list looked pretty good except for
maybe a blower motor, depending on the age and condition of the one in place.
Good luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
How do you know your evaporator is faulty? Have you removed the dash yet?

The reason I ask you is because I've never heard of a faulty Legend's evaporator; I, however, heard of the expansion valve pukes, and therefore causes a leak in your AC lines.

Also, the removal of the dash is quite tedious and time-consuming; thus, expensive. If it's your evaporator, you're probably looking to spend $1000 at least. I would advise you remove the blower assembly so you can look at the expansion valve before you replace the evaporator, which might have nothing to do with your A/C problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.