Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 92' Legend LS that is in pretty decent shape. 200k miles, interior in exceptional shape for the miles, everything works properly, but the silver paint is fading and hurricane scratched in areas. Big problem is an almost certain blown head gasket and the power steering rack seals are going.
So the question is should I try to sell her as is for around $2000 or take the long road and part her out? If parting out, would a salvage yard buy her or handle it for me or would I be responsible for doing it all myself?
I appreciate any advice or suggestions.
Thanx in advance.
JJ

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Is it a coupe or sedan? Auto or manual? How mechanically inclined are you? If you do all the labor, you could get that thing back on the road for under 2 grand, that includes motor, rack n pinion, timing belt, water pump, tensioner, cam & crank seals, rear main seal and all the fluids. Just a thought.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
FlipLegend said:
Is it a coupe or sedan? Auto or manual? How mechanically inclined are you? If you do all the labor, you could get that thing back on the road for under 2 grand, that includes motor, rack n pinion, timing belt, water pump, tensioner, cam & crank seals, rear main seal and all the fluids. Just a thought.
Thought about repairing it, but just don't feel like dumping money into it any more. (I had a water pump bearing go out that broke the timing belt a couple of years ago) It's a Sedan by the way and it is an auto. I'd rather sell it to someone looking for a project or who would really appreciate the car the way I have.

$2k too much to ask? How much then?

How much could I ask if I agreed to have the work done upon purchase?

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
i would say around a grand u got to figure most ppl will need to transport it depening on where they r 600+ plus w/e they paid u for it 2600 atleast for a car u got to dump atleast 2000 into if u do ur self if it wasnt in fl and wasnt 2 grand i might be interested

· Registered
124 Posts
Just ask yourself the same questions your askng us. Would you pay $2000 for a 92 Legend with 200,000 miles with a blown heads and other problems? No you would not. Because it would cost another $2000 and some change to get it driving. For a total of $4000 Legends come a dime a dozen. Just sell it as a parts car on ebay. You will get at least a $1000 for it. And forget about salvage yards. They will only give a couple of hundred for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.