Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, me and my friend are thinking about doing an import and export business. here is the deal- my friend's friend's dad runs a shipping business to/from china back to the states. my friend and i were pondering on whether it is feasible to rent a shipping container (i believe they are 50 foot) and rent out space to people who want it whilst we ponder what we can ship to/from china. any ideas on what good import/export items might be to china?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Inport/Export - US to China / China to US - hmmmmmmmmm, let's seeeeeee - here's a thought

Guess what this is?

C17H21NO4

You might run into a bit of trouble renting out a 50 foot container to people who are shipping things between the US and China

:D :D :D

·
Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,352 Posts
A big deterrant to doing business in China is that 1) at least 51% of your business needs to be owned by a native chinese person and 2) if your business gets profitable enough to where the govt wants it, they can have it WITHOUT just compensation.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mondonalds said:
A big deterrant to doing business in China is that 1) at least 51% of your business needs to be owned by a native chinese person and 2) if your business gets profitable enough to where the govt wants it, they can have it WITHOUT just compensation.
that used to be the case, but i believe they are loosening those restrictions.
and i know for a fact that number 2 is incorrect. there's no way they can take over international companies like that.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
when i was there i noticed how you could get pearl necklaces, artwork, and fabric for pretty cheap. we went on a tour so the prices we probably saw were more inflated than what they should be, but it was still cheap. you could probably get suits there pretty cheap too. when i was in india i got a custom made suit that probably would cost $1500 here. i think i paid the equivalent of $100.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts