Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember some talk of people getting new performance headers; potential superchargers; turbos; a lot of talk but never saw anything fall thru.......I've been gone so long I don't know whats up anymore.....any new developments or same 'ol same 'ol :confused:

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Trust me as long as im around legends header production will never die.

Im still coming up with ideas, one day something will come through.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
it is really up to us to make these things happen...INNOVATORS, that is why we need MAX PARTICIPATION at NOPI and Carlisle, and events where mfg's will see us, and realize they are sleeping on an engineering marvel....spread the word, call your performance shops, write to SCC..etc etc etc

I am doing what I can, so lets see what we get this year.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
I might have a thing or two for diehards at Carlisle. The first one to say too expensive will be deemed a poseur.

G

·
0 Posts
I would love headers. I think that you guys need to tell us all what we can do to help. Do you think that we could make a petition? Cause I would totally be in on em.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Forget petitions, we're to small of a market. Everything not already out there will have to be from a custom/limited production shop. And that equals $$$$$.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I think that it will be difficult to really get any other performance parts made for legends in mass quantity. If you want something it is going to have to be a custom job with big bucks involved. Think about it: the legend was geared toward older people who would have little interest in modding their car; the legend is not even made anymore so all legends out their are used and the newest legend is 6 years old which means its life span is pretty limited; the legend is a luxury vehicle not really made for performance. Folks, it is a very long, difficult, uphill battle to get parts for the legend, and I don't want to sound negative but what we have now is probably it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Don't be so negative.. The TL is still marketed to the older buyers, but there are performance mods for it... And they make performance mods for a lot of the cars from the muscle car era, so our cars aren't too old... We just have to get the word out that there is a market here for performance parts.. I've already seen more and more coming out for our cars this past year!!

Keep your chin up !!

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
cdndvl said:
Don't be so negative.. The TL is still marketed to the older buyers, but there are performance mods for it... And they make performance mods for a lot of the cars from the muscle car era, so our cars aren't too old... We just have to get the word out that there is a market here for performance parts.. I've already seen more and more coming out for our cars this past year!!

Keep your chin up !!
The big difference between the TL, and the Legend is that the Legend is out of production, and vitually shares nothing with other Honda/Acura cars. The current TL though, while still marketed to older people, is based on the same global platform as the Accord and CL. Therefore, companies need only make 1 application that fits all 3 cars. For example, the Accord/CL/TL all use the same lowering spring application, headers, and exhausts in some cases. Intake systems are also cross compatible. The SC and Turbo kits all fit each car as well.

Also, if parts for our cars were as cheap as the Muscle car parts, like %200 for headers, than there would be much more people willing to buy, and companies will be willing to make the parts. However, since all the quotes we get for headers are above $1000, it is very difficult to get even 50 people willing to pay $1000-$1200 for a set, and so companies are not willing to make them.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
ChrisK said:

The big difference between the TL, and the Legend is that the Legend is out of production, and vitually shares nothing with other Honda/Acura cars. The current TL though, while still marketed to older people, is based on the same global platform as the Accord and CL. Therefore, companies need only make 1 application that fits all 3 cars. For example, the Accord/CL/TL all use the same lowering spring application, headers, and exhausts in some cases. Intake systems are also cross compatible. The SC and Turbo kits all fit each car as well.

Also, if parts for our cars were as cheap as the Muscle car parts, like %200 for headers, than there would be much more people willing to buy, and companies will be willing to make the parts. However, since all the quotes we get for headers are above $1000, it is very difficult to get even 50 people willing to pay $1000-$1200 for a set, and so companies are not willing to make them.
Exactly. And the supercharger that is supposedly coming out for the TL and CL is actually an Accord application. I am not saying that a supercharger would never have been developed for the TL/CL without a focus on Accord performance first, but I seriously doubt it.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
It ain't over yet

I think that more products for the Legend will become available in the future. The car performance market is growing rapidly, and now manufacturing is at a point where they can finally keep up with the overwhelming demand from Civic and Teg owners. That's where the money is for the most part. So I think many companies will be able to shift their production to some of the less popular vehicles now that those areas are covered. And, now that the Legend is becoming more affordable I believe that the demand for aftermarket parts will rise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts