Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Forum Folks,
I bought a 1994 service manual and 95 supplement to service my 95 coupe when the need arose. I think this is the Helm manual so coveted by all. The manual I have is published by Honda Motor Co. though. Anyway, I need to replace my brake master cylinder and this big, fat, expensive manual doesn't have the procedure. Just a picture and inspection procedure. 2 things at least , please. Anyone with this manual take a look and see if you can find what my eyes missed. Anyone with a procedure for the master cylinder work, please share. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Weird!

lfashley said:
Fellow Forum Folks,
I bought a 1994 service manual and 95 supplement to service my 95 coupe when the need arose. I think this is the Helm manual so coveted by all. The manual I have is published by Honda Motor Co. though. Anyway, I need to replace my brake master cylinder and this big, fat, expensive manual doesn't have the procedure. Just a picture and inspection procedure. 2 things at least , please. Anyone with this manual take a look and see if you can find what my eyes missed. Anyone with a procedure for the master cylinder work, please share. Thanks
To my amazement, you're right. It doesn't tell you how to disassemble the master cylinder step by step. :confused: They probably don't want you to attempt to fix it. They want your Benjamins ($) for a new set! :D Anyways, I also have a manual which is for my grilfriend's 98' Toyota Avalon. Although they (Legend&Avalon) are different cars, they share many similarities in brake components. The Avalon manual has instructions and diagram on how to take it apart. It may be some help to you, if you need it let me know. I can scan it for you FREE OF CHARGE ! he he :D :D Ok, I'll shut up now. :eek:

regards,

_________
eddie
95 LS 6sp

·
Registered
744 Posts
You have to extrapolate the information from the manual. I have a 1995 LS 6 speed coupe and the HELM and was able to utilize the manual to identify...

torque specs (14lbs) on the two nuts that secure the mastercylinder to the booster - torque specs on the brake lines leading away from the mastercylinder as well as the bleeding protocol.

I wish I had the manual infront of me to explain.

Now, things you must know on your own.... you must bench bleed the mastercylinder (although not 100% necessary, but recommended to at least get the internals wet before installation).

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Folks,
Thanks for the input. I figured that even without the detailed instructions, I'd be able to pull this off. Just needed some verification that I had not lost my mind. It's been a long time since I've replaced a master cylinder so the bench bleed process had completely escaped me. Wanted to get back to you all before I hit this link and get to it. Much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.