Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a 1991 Legend coupe and I'm thinking of shaving the door handles and moldings. can anybody tell what is required to do that and how much it may cost me? once you shave the door handles how do you open them?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
it would be like $600 or so to shave the handles and get them repainted good and what not. But its hard to find a popper that is built well enough for our doors. The coupe doors are SOOOO heavy and the popper wouldnt last very long trying to poen that door all the time. When u shave the handles you push a button and the door pope open. I have also seen it where you push a button and the windows rool down and u open the door that way. Its not to practical but would look pretty tight

·
Registered
851 Posts
This is just my opinion OK. I don't really like shaved door handles. It is going to be very annoying and not practical at all. I don't know about you, but my car is driven daily, grocery getter, etc, so I need the practicality.

And about the shaved molding, it's not that easy too. The bodyshop need to fill that gap to smoothen the groove. If it's not done correctly, the bondo will crack, and it will look ugly. The best way to do it is by putting sheetmetal to cover the groove, and I think it is going to be pretty expensive. That's why I didn't do that on my car either.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The molding on the car shouldn't be much of an issue, but bumpers is a difference.
I've already looked into doing it myself ~ it'd be easier for you to purchase new bumpers because the trim is actually molded into the bumper and not clipped on like the rest of the car. Just a thought. Looks very good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.