Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this done professionally or themselves?.....Holla Back.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Shaved mine, professionally done by my bodyshop. You won't be able to tell where the antenna was. hehhee... and I think you saw my car at the Bear Mt. meet last time, right? :D

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Alexander said:
Shaved mine, professionally done by my bodyshop. You won't be able to tell where the antenna was. hehhee... and I think you saw my car at the Bear Mt. meet last time, right? :D
How much did it cost for you all to shave yours? After doing this, did you revert to using the built-into the rear window antenna?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alexander said:
Yeah, Alex i saw it, I meant to ask you when we were at Carlisle, but I forgot. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? This is gonna be one of my summer projects, so Holla Back!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leon Millette said:
Kevon has his shaved
Do you know if he did his himself, or professionally done? How much do you think Cliff would charge me if I came down there to get it done?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have mine shaved also, professionally done by my body shop. Even though I hardly listen to the radio, I still do get the stations in pretty clear. I'm not sure how much I was charged to do this though, since it was part of all the body work I had done.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Same here, it was part of the whole package, so I don't really know about how much. It was done together with filling up the trunk keyhole.

As for antenna, I just leave it as it is. The reception is reduced by 50% I would say, but you still can get FM radio. And, if you want better reception, get one of the boosted interior antenna. Metra sells those.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Alexander said:
Same here, it was part of the whole package, so I don't really know about how much. It was done together with filling up the trunk keyhole.

As for antenna, I just leave it as it is. The reception is reduced by 50% I would say, but you still can get FM radio. And, if you want better reception, get one of the boosted interior antenna. Metra sells those.
Metra? Any URL?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Why shave

Personally I love the way my Legend looks with that antenna sticking up, gives it a sort of elegance IMHO

But to each their own

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
i hate the way the antenna sticks 3 ft in the air. I made mine so it never comes up but i listen to CDs all day every day so it doesnt matter. I hate the way the radio sounds on the subs and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I think ATLImaging did his...He did have pics on www.full-efx.com
Not there anymore though..

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I like the antenna too!! I also think it gives the car a bit of class. Heheh when you see the mast raise when you turn on the radio, that's the best part!! Well i fyou do end up shaving the antenna, why don't you just use the other one. The one built into the rear window? It should be good enough, this is how it's done now...--=Keith

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hurray for the Antenna

Hi all

Hey keith, I agree, the antenna adds class to my classy car

I love it

One of my friends had a sedan, his Bose radio wouldnt work but he would turn it on just so that the antenna was up. He loved it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts