Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
3,484 Posts
i'm curious about that also. i've seen it done on a 5th gen accord and it looks great.

mine are destroyed to hell with door dings so i'd like to take them off and get the holes filled.... but i guess thats what they're there for ... to save the door from other doors! :mad:

· Registered
3,484 Posts
it would cost quite a bit to do that now that i think about it. and yes i will do it if my car needs to be repainted..... but those damn little moldings help with door dings like a mo fo!

· Registered
4,439 Posts
Wasnt there a way for Acura to make the sidemoldings more dent resistant? I have taken to parking ONLY in spots which are next to a curb, and parking as far close to the curb as possible. My friends think I'm crazy and my mother no longer looks at me.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
lol what he said ^^

i might get a repaint after college and get this done with the repaint. someone gave me a hit & run yesterday and rubbed off some paint :( s! so this is not totally out of the question for me...

· Registered
91 Posts
i seen that on two doors but have anybody did that on an 4dr

wants i heard about shaved side moulding i dont know if it would look good on a 4dr legend it looks good with an 2dr so if u seen anybodydid it on a 4dr or think it looks good tell me thanks i probaly do that than buying a side skirt

· ¿HöNdÄ LëGëNd¿
900 Posts
mine are shaved i have a sedan. One thing though if you plan on doin it make sure you get a person who knows how to do this :D . I bought the car with the handles and mouldings shaved and now the bondo is cracking :mad: . I mean it looks good but they didn't know how to do it :confused: now i have to redo the whole thing over. As in take it down to the sheet metal and do it all over. But thats ok cuz i'm doin coupe door handles in the front and leavin the rear ones shaved, also paintin it the original color RED :D. And as you can see they didn't do the bumper ones so i gotta do them also it looks kinda funny with the bumper ones not done :giggle:

· Registered
315 Posts
i know that when you shave your side moldings you are suppost to remove the door guard then place sheet metal over it. THe problem with the bumpers is that the molding is not removable, it is not really a molding, its just a design set into the bumper to match the sidemoldings. How would one go about shaving the moldings from the bumpers? Would you just place sheet metal over the moldings on the bumpers? Would that even work? I really want to do this and i am planning on doing it myself then get it painted. So any info on shaving the moldings on the bumpers would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.